OneNote for Mac – Tag Search & Other Search Functionality

Hi Insiders-

There is updated search functionality in the latest Insider Fast update of OneNote for Mac that many people have been asking for; view this thread Mac: search fortags.To get the update, go to Help > Check for Updates, and opt into the Insiders program and choose the Fast updates. If you have Insiders Fast builds 16.18.0 (18091900), or newer, you should see the feature.

We would love to receive feedback from you multiple times.  We want to hear your initial impressions, but we would also like to hear from you after you have used it for a week to understand if your initial dislikes/likes stayed the same or switched after you used it for an extended period of time.

There are 2 ways to send us feedback. 

1. Please click the Smiley-face button in the top corner of the OneNote window 

2. Tell us what you are experiencing on this Answers Forum thread

Thanks

Denise, Microsoft OneNote Team

Discussion Info

Last updated December 14, 2018 Views 1,019 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Reply In reply to deleted message

hi 

How do i sign up for the onenote insider. 

I have office on my Mac from work and I set to be on the fast updates. 

However the version i have is 16.17 and it will not find a newer one.

What version and build do your other Office apps show that you have?

-Jesse

Thank you for adding this feature.  So far, it works great.

Hello, 

I also have automatic updates + insider (fast) but do not see an update for Onenote. I have 16.17 only. I would really appreciate this feature.

Hello-

I figured out the issue.  Unfortunately I did not know that this update has only gone out to customers who have OneNote Mac as part of the Office suite.  If you have obtained OneNote from the App Store you will not have this option.  Again I apologize.

Denise, OneNote Team

Hi Insiders-

There is updated search functionality in the latest Insider Fast update of OneNote for Mac that many people have been asking for; view this thread Mac: search fortags.To get the update, go to Help > Check for Updates, and opt into the Insiders program and choose the Fast updates. If you have Insiders Fast builds 16.18.0 (18091900), or newer, you should see the feature.

We would love to receive feedback from you multiple times.  We want to hear your initial impressions, but we would also like to hear from you after you have used it for a week to understand if your initial dislikes/likes stayed the same or switched after you used it for an extended period of time.

There are 2 ways to send us feedback. 

1. Please click the Smiley-face button in the top corner of the OneNote window 

2. Tell us what you are experiencing on this Answers Forum thread

Thanks

Denise, Microsoft OneNote Team

Hello-

I figured out the issue.  Unfortunately I did not know that this update has only gone out to customers who have OneNote Mac as part of the Office suite.  If you have obtained OneNote from the App Store you will not have this option.  Again I apologize.

Denise, OneNote Team

I have OneNote as part of the office suite, am on fast insider build 16.19 and don't have the Tag search functionality.

You're right. Although the feature has been there in 16.18, Microsoft apparently removed it again in 16.19.
www.onenote-blog.de (German)
www.onenote-blog.com (English, but fewer articles)

Hi Folks!

Thanks for this wonderful update about Microsoft features. Microsoft is really doing fantastic updates with highly secured and flexible solutions.. Great Info valuable its. 

Is there a way to give this some urgency in the development team?

It looks like there's a lot of demand for this functionality and since it's already a part of the Windows version it would only make soon to include this in the Mac version as well.