student access to OneNote Class Notebook

I am unable to add all of my students to my class notebook although all of my students are able to login into their Microsoft 365 school account. 

I have tried using the add student wizard, but most students names do not show up when I search their names.

For the few students who did show up in the search, when they click on the notebook link, they are prompted to request access to the notebook. I do not know what type of access to give my students since their is no student option.

Is there another way to add students so they have access?

Thanks

Answer
Answer

Hi Hbag331,

There are three types of sub-notebooks included in class notebooks:

• Student Notebooks — private notebooks that are shared between each teacher and their individual students. Teachers can access these notebooks at any time, but students cannot see other students’ notebooks.

• Content Library — a notebook for teachers to share course materials with students. Teachers can add and edit its materials, but for students, the notebook is read-only.

• Collaboration Space — a notebook for all students and the teacher in the class to share, organize, and collaborate.

In this case, users only have read access for the Content Library section group. If they have lost access to the Content Library or the Collaboration Space in a Class Notebook you’re the owner of, you can refer to these articles to fix the Collaboration Space when people lose access and fix the Content Library when people lose access in Class Notebook.

To add your students to your class notebook, please refer 3 ways in this article to achieve it: Getting Started with the OneNote Class Notebook: A Walkthrough for Teachers.

Regards,

Yoga

-------------------------------------------------
If you feel a reply works for you, please kindly vote or mark it as it will be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated August 23, 2020 Views 271 Applies to: