Office 365 E3 subscription still showing that it is expiring

Hi,

One of my customers has purchased 260 licenses of E3 to renew their existing 205 E3 licenses. In the admin portal we still can see that the subscription is expiring with 465 valid E3 licenses and 205 assigned E3 licenses (which are expiring).

How can we replace the old with the new?

I can't see different expiry dates for those E3 licenses.

Appreciate your quick response,

Jamal

Hi Jamal,

May I know where you customer bought the Office 365 subscription through our Syndicate partner or directly from Microsoft Official Office 365 website.

If your customer only wants to renew existing E3 license subscription, then there is no need to purchase additional E3 licenses for renewing.

However, auto-renew is turned on by default. When auto-renew is on, your customer subscription will automatically renew each year on the day he subscribed.

For your reference: Renew Office 365 for business

Moreover, if he wants to add new users only in that situation he need to add/buy more licenses to the subscription.

Is there any specific reason for that when your customer has purchased additional new licenses for renewing?

Could you please provide us with the detailed tenant information about your customer via the private message so that we can check and further assist you?

I have sent you private message and here is the link to access it: https://community.office365.com/user/conversations

Best regards,
Shyamal

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

i know the problem but not sure of the fix. You basically subscribed your customer using Open license. When you added another 260 licenses, the system didn't know whether you are adding licenses or renewing them. So they added and you ended up with 465 with an extended expire date. A support ticket should fix the problem

Vincent Choy
Volunteer Contributor

Microsoft doesn't pay me to be here. I am a user just like you. If you find my reply useful, would appreciate if you can click it as helpful.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Jamal,

Thanks for providing tenant information. I have checked and found that customer has purchased newly additional E3 licenses from our reseller partner. Moreover, I would like to confirm the following information to better understand the requirement.

Regarding “The customer purchased additional licenses to cope for the rising number of employees”, do you mean that customer want to use both the license which was purchased directly from Microsoft and currently purchased license from the reseller?

When you say “How can we replace the old with the new?”, may I know whether customer want to remove licenses from his Office 365 for business subscription which was purchased directly from Microsoft.

Moreover, if customer don’t want to use those license which was purchased directly from Microsoft, then as a global admin can assign the newly purchased licenses via the reseller and unassigned the licenses that the no longer needs from Admin portal. And also need to remove those licenses which is no longer needs from his Office 365 for business subscription.

If there is any misunderstanding, please feel free to let us know and we will be glad to provide further assistance.

Best regards,
Shyamal

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Jamal,

May I know if you need further assistance?

Regards,
Poppy

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Poppy,

The customer managed to resolve the above issue thank you.

Now they want to cancel the extra file storage that they purchased and a SharePoint Online Plan 2 license that they purchased.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Jamal Bdeir

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Jamal,

If the customer wants to remove the license purchased directly from Microsoft, global admins in his organization can  remove those licenses which no longer need from his Office 365 for business subscription in Admin portal as Shyamal mentioned above. 

Moreover, since the original issue is resolved, to ensure you get dedicated support, if the customer encounters any issue while removing the license, I would suggest you post a new thread in our forum. 

Thanks for your understanding. 

Poppy  

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated February 2, 2021 Views 1,582 Applies to: