InfoPath Forms Services in SharePoint Online

I verified that InfoPath forms services is configured properly, but I am having permission issues with an InfoPath form library I recently deployed in our SharePoint Online environment. External users to a shared site are getting an error stating they don't have a license to use InfoPath Forms Services when trying to create a new form in the library. Is this expected behavior with external users?

Question Info

Last updated December 5, 2018 Views 1,280 Applies to:

Hi Megan,

To clarify, external users inherit the use rights of SharePoint Online customer who is inviting them to collaborate. According to the support article (link), InfoPath form service are available for Office 365 Enterprise E3 subscription.
Therefore, if the internal user has SharePoint Online plan 2 license (included in Enterprise E3 or above), the external users should be able to use InfoPath.

Please make sure that the internal user who shares the site/library has SharePoint Online plan 2 license.

Regards,
Ryan

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Megan,

If you have any other concerns, please let us know.

Regards,
Ryan

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello,

Do i can upload form but not fill them in browser without any E3 licences, right?

Does this apply if we buy Essential licences and one E3. Then if i share the site to "All", they will be able to open InfoPath forms via Browser?

Greetings,

Sorry this didn't help.