How can I stop synchronization logs from being emailed to my Outlook? I am receiving hundreds of emails titled "Synchronization Log:"

Hi,

How can I stop synchronization logs from being emailed to my Outlook?

I am receiving hundreds of emails titled "Synchronization Log:"

Thaks

Question Info

Last updated November 18, 2019 Views 42,266 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

hi banj2007,

the synchronization issues folders in outlook client contain logs and items that microsoft outlook has been unable to synchronize with your exchange server. for detailed information, you can see this article by clicking the following link:
https://support.office.com/en-us/article/synchronization-error-folders-e591ed91-f90a-4e5d-a0a1-b06a0de36855?correlationid=e652f8cc-c9ef-41ed-8f2e-3a51ec5a8c02&ui=en-us&rs=en-us&ad=us
to narrow down the issue, i’d like to collect the information below:

1. check if the enable troubleshooting logging check box is unchecked: open the outlook client > file > option > advanced > other.

2. try adding “enableconflictlogging” in registry edit (hkey_current_user\software\microsoft\office\1x.0\outlook\options) to check if there is any improvement. see the following detailed steps:

note: as the method below is related to modifying the registry, we recommend you backup the registry before the modification in case of losing any data.

a) press “windows+x” keys and then click “run”.

b) type “regedit” to open the registry editor.
c) open “hkey_current_user\software\microsoft\office\1x.0\outlook\options”.
note: if you are using outlook 2013, please select 15.0 (1x.0). but is you are using outlook 2016, please select 16.0.
d) right-click option > new > dword (32-bit) value > type “enableconflictlogging” and set the value to “0”.

since our forum focuses on office 365 for business online services, if the methods above don’t work for you, i recommend you post on our outlook client forum for further troubleshooting. engineers there are dedicated to handling the issue and will be glad to provide assistance.

thanks,
gary

9 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.