Teams Desktop error. "The specified list is invalid", "the specified list might have been deleted or you might not have permission to view it"

Hi,

I am using Windows 10 and Teams Desktop. When trying to open a file that belongs to a Private channel, Private Team, I get this error:

One minute later this one. Is that normal? We have not changed anything

Thanks

Answer
Answer

Hello In SEU,

Thank you for your screens. I tried to test it in my lab but failed to reproduce it, the file list shows immediately. According to this symptom, I consider you can firstly login Teams Web App to see if list would show up normally. Besides, one potential cause could be the traffics and high latency, or server temporarily busy. You may give it some time and then monitor its behavior.

Besides, you can try to clear Teams caches to see how it goes:

------------

Close Outlook and Teams, go to File Explorer and type %appdata%\Microsoft\teams. Then delete the following files. You can move the files to another place to avoid the data loss:

a. In Application Cache -> Cache folder, delete all files in it.

b. In Blob_storage folder, delete all files.

c. In Cache folder, delete all files.

d. In databases folder, delete all files.

e. In GPUCache folder, delete all files.

f. In IndexedDB folder, delete the .db file.

g. In Local Storage folder, delete all files.

h. In tmp folder, delete all files.

I. Delete the file settings

------------

It’s also suggested to confirm with other members and check if they’re experiencing the same issue. Welcome back and share with us if there’s any update.

Best Regards,

Anna

-----------------------

* Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here.

* Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps please, as it will be beneficial to more Community members reading here.

8 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 5, 2021 Views 7,983 Applies to: