Tabs in Microsoft Teams not displaying or opening for team members

As a site owner I have added several tabs using the weblinks app on my team site, such as BBC Bitesize and various other educational websites.

However, team members either cannot see these tabs at all (from a variety of devices - Android tablet in Teams app, laptop in browser) or can't open website within the tab.  Message to members says   'you don't have permission to use this app'.

How do I give permission to my members (pupils in my case!)

|

Hi CEN - Noreen Dunnett

As far as I know, there is no permission about accessing to the tab in Teams. From your description, we'd like to know if the issue appear as the specific channel or team. You can create another new one to check the result. It is useful to narrow down the issue. Besides, maybe the issue associated to the network environment. The poor network could lead to the failing sync. Therefore, I suggest you choose the stable environment or change the network to add and check if it is workable. Finanlly, if you have added the tab in the channel successfully, then there would be the prompt in the Posts page. Kindly confirm with the members this point after you added.

If you have anything unclear, please feel free to let us know.

Regards,

Joey

-----------------------

* Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here.

* Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps please, as it will be beneficial to more Community members reading here.

1 person found this reply helpful

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

We are having the same issue here. Last week the owner of a channel was able to add tabs and members were able to see them. Now the owner of the channel only sees a very limited set of options when adding a new tab. Website is no longer available to him. Members cannot see any of the previously added tabs. As the owner of the Team, I was able to add a Website tab and it worked for me, but for both the Owner of the channel and the Members of the channel it shows  'you don't have permission to use this app'.

How can we go about getting this feature back working?

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

We are having the same issue here. Last week the owner of a channel was able to add tabs and members were able to see them. Now the owner of the channel only sees a very limited set of options when adding a new tab. Website is no longer available to him. Members cannot see any of the previously added tabs. As the owner of the Team, I was able to add a Website tab and it worked for me, but for both the Owner of the channel and the Members of the channel it shows  'you don't have permission to use this app'.

How can we go about getting this feature back working?

Yes that is the exact problem we are having too - you've explained it so much better than I did!  

It is not any of the things suggested in the response above. There is no network problem - it is stable.  There is a prompt in the Posts page but members either cannot see the tab or cannot open the website allocated to the tab as described by Mark above.

"Besides, maybe the issue associated to the network environment. The poor network could lead to the failing sync. Therefore, I suggest you choose the stable environment or change the network to add and check if it is workable. Finanlly, if you have added the tab in the channel successfully, then there would be the prompt in the Posts page. Kindly confirm with the members this point after you added."

Need a fix for this urgently.

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

We were able to get ours back again, but it required a reboot of folks machines, not simply exiting out of Teams. We made some permission changes Teams we'll trying to resolve the issue and I'm not sure they were getting fully applied until a reboot occurred. Unexpected, to say the least. We are going to start adding back in the permission restrictions again here in the next week or so as I don't think they should have directly impacted the tab functionality issue that we were having.

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated September 16, 2021 Views 2,898 Applies to: