Something went wrong with the recording, no audio/video were captured

Hi, 

Today I delivered a 2-hour live lecture using MS Teams. I recorded the lecture, however it seems that the recording was not saved/uploaded. I got the message that something went wrong with the recording and that no video/audio or sharing was captured. I assume that the recording was not saved on the cache of my laptop - but I wonder whether it was indeed saved somewhere. 

I would appreciate any help you may give. 

Thank you, 

G

Question Info

Last updated May 28, 2020 Views 2,393 Applies to:
Answer
Answer
Hi All,

This issue was posted to the Service Health Dashboard (SHD) as incident TM207532 Start time: 2020-03-24 16:36:03 UTC. User Impact: Users may notice that screensharing isn't being captured in Microsoft Teams meeting recordings.

Current status: We've collected Microsoft Teams debug, media, and desktop logs captured during active reproduction of the impact to continue our investigation into the source of this issue.

Tenant administrators can view current information and updates on SHD at the link here

If you are experiencing a similar issue and do not see an SHD post, please let us know by sharing your tenant information via Private Message (PM) as this may indicate either a scoping issue or an independent problem. 

For affected customers to easily identify the information here, this thread will be closed. You may subscribe to this thread or refer to SHD for updated information. I will also post back here once the issue is resolved on SHD.

Best regards,
Shyamal
-------------------------------------------------------------
If you feel a reply works for you, please kindly vote or mark it as it will be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

12 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

Hi All, 

Service Health Dashboard has indicated that incident TM207532 has been resolved as of: Saturday, March 28, 2020, at 8:44 PM UTC. If you are still experiencing an issue, please let us know by posting a new thread in our forum as this may indicate either a scoping issue or an independent problem so that our engineers can be designated to further assist you.

Best Regards,

Jennifer

-------------------------------------------------
If you feel a reply works for you, please kindly vote or mark it as it will be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

10 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.