Set-up Recurring task in planner

hello,

I am new to using microsoft teams and the planner app. I have recurring tasks that i need to set-up for my department. i am requesting detailed instructions on setting-up recurring tasks using planner.

Thanks,

Bob Morris

Answer
Answer

Hi Bob,

The only way to set up a recurring task is to use Microsoft Flow. It will generate the tasks there and show up in planner.

Here's an article referencing the steps to do so. I've done this process for setting up monthly maintenance task reminders.

https://medium.com/@rob.quatela/creating-recurring-tasks-in-microsoft-planner-using-microsoft-flow-f605814734df

18 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

Hi Bob Morris (morrisb),

Thanks for posting your concern here, I fairly agree it is needed to schedule recurring task in Planner, but as far as I know, it is not feasible to create recurring task in Planner app, and there is no proper app in Teams that can do it. Therefore, to further help you, I recommend you to vote or post your feedback in Planner UserVoice, which is a forum to collect user's suggestion for Planner app, and I found the Planner team is planning to update this recurring task feature, your voice is helpful for the update.

Your understanding and time is appreciated.

Best Regards,

Betty

------------

*Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here.

*Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps please, as it will be beneficial to more Community members reading here.

8 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 5, 2021 Views 31,191 Applies to: