Microsoft Teams: You cannot access this right now

Hello, 

I am trying to log into Teams and receive this as an error message with no options beyond that to fix:

You cannot access this right now

Your sign-in was successful but does not meet the criteria to access this resource. For example, you might be signing in from a browser, app, or location that is restricted by your admin.

Can anyone help? The same error occurs when I try to log in to Skype for Business. My Outlook is working fine though. 

Thanks!

Moved from Office apps

Answer
Answer

Hello catherine.airey,

Thanks for your post in Microsoft community. Based on your post, we need to narrow down the issue and for that we request you to kindly provide us below information via Private Message.

• Complete screenshot of the error message and on error message page, check if you found More details option. If yes, click on it and also share screenshot.
  • You are access Skype for business but having issue with Teams app, so could you please let us know are you access your own account as Teams or access it as a guest user?
  • If conditional access or MFA is enable on your account? If yes, it should be possible reason for this issue. Contact your Micrsoft365 global admin to check if he has created any conditional access policy for his account and Teams app. If yes Exclude it and then check the result.
  1. Open a new browser window and sign in to Microsoft Azure (portal.azure.com), using your work account credentials.
  2. Select All Services, scroll to Identity and select Azure Active Directory.
  3. On the Azure Active Directory blade, select Enterprise applications.
  4. On the Enterprise applications blade, select Conditional access and check all polices for Teams access.

Thanks and regards,

Ankita Vaidya

• Beware of Scammers posting fake Support Numbers here.

9 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 23, 2024 Views 20,422 Applies to: