Microsoft Teams - Error message "We're still setting up your team, you can change your picture when we're done." when attempting to change team picture.

Split from this thread.

I have watched this chain, and still have the same issue as this original user. I have the most current version, I have gone to team online and both yield the same result. We have had our install for almost a year now and we still can not change the image.
We still get the same message as well.
"We’re still setting up your team. You can change your picture when we’re done."

WE see TWO letters to represent each team with a different colored background.

Hi RJosephJr,

Welcome to community. From my side, I am using the current version (Microsoft Teams Version 1.0.00.31451 (64-bit). It was last updated on 12/1/17), and  I can change the Teams profile picture. For further help, please help to confirm following:

1. If you are not using the 1.0.00.31451 version, please try to update it: click the "Check for updates" as above.
  2. Please try to new a team via "Add team" to see if you can change the profile picture.

Meanwhile, please help us to see these questions:

1. How did you change the picture? Teams->Manage team->Settings->Teams picture?
  2. Have you tried the this workaround:
  • Add a new user to your team as an owner
  • Ask him/her to upload the image using the Windows client - (web client didn't work)
  • Remove the owner again

Moreover, please send us some screenshots about this issue for further help.

Thanks,

Richard

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I have Microsoft Teams Version 1.0.00.31451 (64-bit). It was last updated on 12/4/17.

I have added 5 different teams in the last month all have the same issue. even older teams have the issue. Not one single team we have in our company is able to change the image

1. I changed the picture via: Teams->Manage team->Settings->Teams picture
  2. I have 
  • Added a new user to several teams as a second owner
  • I had her to upload the image using the Windows client it did the same thing, and the web client did the same thing
  • Removed the owner.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi RJosephJr,

Your screenshot is appreciated. According to my test, there won’t be an issue like this. In this situation, could you please try the followings to narrow down the issue?

1. Please follow the link and run PowerShell and use the command "Set-Teampicture", then check if it works. If there is any error, please send a acreenshot to me via Private Message:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/privatemessage/inbox

1. It is suggested to use another account on your device and create a new team to check if the issue persists.

1. Please confirm with other users in your organization to check if they have encountered the same issue.

1. If it is available, please try another network and create a new team to check it.

1. Please perform a clean boot and create a new team to check if the issue persists.

Besides, may I know if other functions works properly?

Thanks and waiting for your response.

Regards,

Carlos 

-------------------------------------------------
If you feel a reply works for you, please kindly vote or mark it as it will be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

1. Please follow the link and run PowerShell and use the command "Set-Teampicture", then check if it works. If there is any error, please send a acreenshot to me via Private Message:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/privatemessage/inbox

Ran Powershell as instructed

2. It is suggested to use another account on your device and create a new team to check if the issue persists.

Many created on this and other machines all same persistent issue.

3. Please confirm with other users in your organization to check if they have encountered the same issue.

All users have the same issue.

4. If it is available, please try another network and create a new team to check it.

Connecting from outside of work network, issues still persists.

5. Please perform a clean boot and create a new team to check if the issue persists.

Clean Boot Performed off network and again on network, repeated steps 1- with no changes

Besides, may I know if other functions works properly?

There are no other issues, all other functions of the software work as expected.

-------Personal Information Removed-----------

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have an update

Later in the afternoon the image changed for me. So the Powershell worked.

The interface STILL wont allow me to make changes, but I can change it with Powershell.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Roger,

Thanks for your update. About the issue, I need to consult and you can use PowerShell temporary. 

Your understanding is appreciated.

Thanks,

Carlos

If you feel a reply works for you, please kindly vote or mark it as it will be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Roger,

Your time is highly appreciated. At first, please check if the associated Office 365 Group and SharePoint Online collection site are fully provisioned. Besides, please check if you can change the group photo there. And if there is any update, please let us know. 

Regards,

Carlos

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Roger,

Do you need further assistance?

Regards,

Carlos

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated June 27, 2023 Views 2,452 Applies to: