Microsoft Teams cuts Wi-Fi connection

For some reason, Teams cuts my Wi-Fi connection. This is a fairly new problem, but has made working with people on Teams nearly impossible. Before I begin a call/conference on Teams, my Wi-Fi tends to be very good, ranging from 130mb/s on a slow day to a typical range of 300-350mb/s. These are the speeds I reach when I test all of my computers, phone, and PlayStation. However, whenever I get in a call in Teams, the Wi-Fi can only reach up to 20mb/s on a lucky day, and typically stays in the range of 2-5mb/s. This means that while presenting, I am regularly losing contact and the other people are unable to see my screen. The strange thing is that this issue only occurs when I am on call in Teams. Skype doesn't have these issues, and I am regularly losing work time to try and figure out how to communicate with people. 

If anyone else has had and fixed this problem, please let me know what your solution was. I have already tried using ethernet, restarting my router, and restarting my computer to no avail.

Hi Michael,

May I know which Teams desktop client version are you using?

Please make sure that app is latest updated. See Update Microsoft Teams

You may try to check this issue, by performing a clean boot in Windows. (This will helps eliminate whether the issue is caused by software conflicts.)

Have your tried to troubleshoot this issue via using different PC and another network environment (e.g. Cafe) to determine whether it can be reproduced?

You may try to remove and reinstall the Teams app to check this issue. See Uninstall Microsoft Teams

Moreover, you may also try to check this issue via creating a new Windows 10 user account and performing a clean install the latest version Teams client to see whether the problem still occurs.

Best regards, 
Shyamal
---------------------
* Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here.

* Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps please, as it will be beneficial to more Community members reading here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Michael,

I'm writing to follow up on this thread. If there are any updates on your side, please post back at your convenience.

Best regards,
Shyamal
---------------------
* Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here.

* Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps please, as it will be beneficial to more Community members reading here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 16, 2021 Views 790 Applies to: