Just 3 days ago suddenly some users in my organization realized that @mention functions in Microsoft Teams didn't work well. When we type @ mark, no user name suggestions was pop up. And if we type @username manually (without clicking the suggested name), the @username was posted as a plain text, i.e. the user being mentioned doesn't get notification.
Some symptoms that I have observed:
- This problem appears only on new messages. @mention works when we reply to a message.
- This problem occurs in some channel, but doesn't show up in General channel.
- Sometimes @mention doesn't work in one particular channel, but it works again 3-5 minutes later (without restarting the application), and then 3-5 minutes later the @mention doesn't work again. Seems random.
- This problem appears in both Windows 10 desktop application and web application, but not in iOS mobile application.
- Weirdly, there are some cases where @mention doesn't work in a particular channel in desktop application, but it works in the same channel in web application (maybe related to point #3).
- Restarting the application or machine didn't help.
I have checked the Microsoft Teams service health in Admin Center, but couldn't find any relatable message.
Do you have the same issue? Any workaround for PC?