Meeting Room License

We have deployed MTR systems using E5 licenses and all is well.  Since the meeting room license is now out and is designed for this application at a lower cost, I decided to try moving a test system to the new license.  I can take a functional system and replace the E5 License with a Meeting Room license and the result is that the MTR system complains that it can't sign into teams.  

Everything I read suggests this should work just fine.  What am I missing?  Is there anything to be done due to this being a device specific license?  The Microsoft page regarding this says:  

Note

The room that is being set up needs to be a user object and have these licenses assigned to it.

However, I'm not sure what that means.  Any help is appreciated.

Answer
Answer

Hi Glenn Chubak,

From my understanding, "the room that is being set up needs to be a user object" may refer to that the system should be mailbox-enabled in Exchange as a Room type of resource mailbox, then it will be allowed to authenticate into MTRs.

From my research, for a device account to work with MTRs, we need to configure these basic properties below:

a) Exchange mailbox. The MTRs mailbox must be a room mailbox and I think this is the "user object" that KB refers to.

b) Skype for Business must be enabled. This is to enable conference features.

c) Password-enabled. This is to make sure that the can MTRs can be authenticated with Exchange or SFB server.

Please kindly refer to this article to check whether you have missed some configuration steps:

Configure accounts for Microsoft Teams Rooms. And you can see more instructed reference under the same directory for different deploy environment.

At the same time, for a further analysis, please share a error page screenshot to me if it's convenient. And I also would like to know what environment your're under.

Thanks for your patience and kind understanding.

Regards,

Shawn

-----------------------
* Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here.

* Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps please, as it will be beneficial to more Community members reading here.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 14, 2020 Views 674 Applies to: