How to enable or disable connectors in Office 365 Groups as well as in MS teams.

How to enable or disable connectors in Office 365 groups. We can configure this setting by group level as well as organization level. Please refer the information mentioned below:

(Note: Connect exchange PowerShell to run the commands mentioned in the article.)

Enable Connectors for Bulk Office 365 Groups via CSV file:

To enable connectors for entire Office 365 tenant, change the Set-OrganizationConfig cmdlet’s parameter - ConnectorsEnabled value to $true . Once the connectors enabled for entire Office 365 tenant, there will be no change for Office 365 groups with “connectors disabled”, but for groups with “connectors enabled” – when Connectors ribbon clicked, it lists connectors and functions normally.

Note:

If you wish to enable connectors only for specific Office 365 groups, first you need to enable connectors for the tenant and then proceed with enabling connectors for your groups.

For example, to enable connectors only for specific Office 365 groups in a CSV file, follow the below PowerShell script:

Set-ExecutionPolicy RemoteSigned 

$UserCredential = Get-Credential

$Session = New-PSSession -ConfigurationName Microsoft.Exchange -ConnectionUri https://outlook.office365.com/powershell-liveid/ -Credential $UserCredential -Authentication Basic -AllowRedirection

Import-PSSession $Session

Set-OrganizationConfig -ConnectorsEnabled:$true

Get-UnifiedGroup | Set-UnifiedGroup -ConnectorsEnabled:$false

$filePath = "C:\Users\XXXX\Desktop\TestGroups.csv"

$csv = Import-Csv $filePath

Foreach ($line in $csv)

{

Set-UnifiedGroup -Identity $line.Groupname -ConnectorsEnabled:$true

}

Note: Please have a look on Sample CSV file mentioned below:

Groupname
*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Disable Connectors for Bulk Office 365 Groups via CSV file:

Following PowerShell script is used to disable connectors for bulk Office 365 Groups via CSV file using Set-UnifiedGroup cmdlet.

$Session = New-PSSession -ConfigurationName Microsoft.Exchange -ConnectionUri https://outlook.office365.com/powershell-liveid/ -Credential $UserCredential -Authentication Basic -AllowRedirection

$filePath = "C:\Users\XXXX\Desktop\TestGroups.csv"

$csv = Import-Csv $filePath

Foreach ($line in $csv)

{

Set-UnifiedGroup -Identity $line.Groupname -ConnectorsEnabled:$false

}

Note: Please have a look on Sample CSV file mentioned below:

Groupname

After executing the above script, Connectors ribbon for the list of Office 365 Groups specified in the CSV file will be

hidden from UI.

Disable Connectors for an Entire Office 365 Tenant:

Following PowerShell script is used to disable connectors for an entire Office 365 tenant using Set-OrganizationConfig cmdlet.

Set-OrganizationConfig -ConnectorsEnabled:$false

After executing the above script, there will be no change for Office 365 groups with “connectors disabled” - Connectors ribbon hidden from UI. For groups with “connectors enabled” - Connectors ribbon will be still visible, but when clicked displays the error – “Connectors have been disabled for the group by the tenant…”, which is because the tenant-level setting for disabling connectors overrides the group setting.

Enable Connectors for an Entire Office 365 Tenant:

Following PowerShell script is used to enable connectors for an entire Office 365 tenant using Set-OrganizationConfig cmdlet.

Set-OrganizationConfig -ConnectorsEnabled:$true

To check whether Connectors is enable for Organization level or not?

Get-OrganizationConfig | FL *Connector*

Note: If it is True or False then you can change it accordingly by changing the attribute true or false as per requirement. Commands :  Set-OrganizationConfig -ConnectorsEnabled:$true or Set-OrganizationConfig -ConnectorsEnabled:$false

You can refer the article to know more about "How to Enable or Disable Connectors in Microsoft Teams."

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_o365admin-mso_teams-mso_o365b/how-to-enable-or-disable-connectors-in-microsoft/ae54d1ae-fceb-445c-b810-5d94b5cdfccd

Please let me know if you have any queries on this.

Thanks,

Shrikant :)

Discussion Info

Last updated August 16, 2019 Views 4,881 Applies to:
I have disabled the connector for my tenant, but the connectors still work in the Outlook Web App, which is not what I expected. Do i need to wait for a timer job or did I do something wrong?

I have disabled the connector for my tenant, but the connectors still work in the Outlook Web App, which is not what I expected. Do i need to wait for a timer job or did I do something wrong?

Hello Dean,

I apologize for the delay in contacting you.

If you have disabled connectors for your organization then it should be disabled from all applications such as MS TEAMS and Outlook/OWA. It could take some time to replicate the changes.

Please let me know if it is not disabled yet.

Thanks,

Shrikant