Save list as a template on Office 365 Groups created sites

Greetings

I am trying the "New" Office 365 groups and I am quite enjoying some of it, though I have a challenge:

On the site it creates, I don't seem to be able to save a list as a template, or use a template created on the mail site collection.

Let's say I use O365 groups for teams working on specific IT projects, and there's an inventory list with dropdowns, site columns, lookup columns, etc. I don't want to create that list over and over again.

Is there any setting I need to change to be able to activate saving lists as templates or use previous saved lists, or is this "by design"?

Thanks

Question Info

Last updated December 4, 2019 Views 6,471 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Hi Flying,

To save sites or lists as templates, we need to enable custom script. For the Office 365 group sites, the feature is disabled by default. You can try the steps below to see if they help:

1. Download and install SharePoint Online Management Shell.
  2. Run as an administrator and type the following commands.

Connect-Sposervice, then input your admin site URL.

Set-SPOsite <the Group SiteURL> -DenyAddAndCustomizePages 0

3. Go to your Group Site>the list you want to save as a template>Settings>List setting

4. Replace listedit.aspx? with savetmpl.aspx? in the URL.

5. Type the file name for the template and click OK.

6. It will be stored in Settings>Site Settings>Web Designer Galleries column>List templates.

7. You can use this list template by adding an app (Settings>Add an app>Apps you can add).

You can refer to Manage list templates. Also please pay attention to the Limits for data in a list template.

Best Regards,

Rodney

23 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.