We can't change our location and language settings for Office 365 Administration

We are getting notifications (like when a user is added or deleted) in Hebrew. There is no one here nor has there been someone who understands Hebrew. We've tried changing the language and country settings but the problem doesn't go away. How can we resolve this? This was not our doing.

Our actual Office 365 portal pages are in English so I don't get why messages from Microsoft to the administrators are in Hebrew.

Hi Cathy,

Please make sure the following settings are correct:

Sign into Office 365 portal > click the Gear in the top right corner > under Language and time zone, make  sure you have select Pacific time in Current time zone and English in Language.

If this doesn't work, I would like to confirm the following information:

1. Do all Office 365 administrator accounts receive notifications in Hebrew, or just specific ones? If it occurs to all admins, we can assume that one of the settings in Office 365 portal causing this problem. If it only affects some specific accounts, it indicates that this issue is related to the account settings.
2. Does this issue happen in Outlook Web App?

Regards,
Linda

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi and thanks for your response!

No it didn't work.  You probably didn't really want us to change our time zone to Pacific.  My account is on Eastern time zone (Canada) and the other admin is Central time (Chicago.)

1. Do all Office 365 administrator accounts receive notifications in Hebrew, or just specific ones? If it occurs to all admins, we can assume that one of the settings in Office 365 portal causing this problem. If it only affects some specific accounts, it indicates that this issue is related to the account settings.

There are two administrators. Both get these notices in Hebrew. I checked and this apparently started in September 2016.  It only applies to emails confirming changes made to the accounts (generally adding and deleting users or purchasing licenses.)  This problem came about without any prompting from anyone.  So it seems to be coming from the Microsoft side of things.

2. Does this issue happen in Outlook Web App?

I assume you mean the portal.  And yes it's just the emails are sent in Hebrew so it doesn't much matter where you view them from.  I'm uploading a screenshot.

Thanks for any help!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Cathy,

I suggest you refer to the following steps to change the Preferred language in the Organization profile and see if your goal can be achieved. It may take up to 24 hours to take effect. Here are the steps:

Sign into Office 365 portal > Admin > Click Organization profile in Settings > click the edit icon besides your company name > check your preferred language.

If the goal still cannot be achieved, let us know and we’ll further help you.

Regards,
Linda

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry but we did this to begin with when suggested.  The settings already say English.  I think Microsoft has to step in her and fix this.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Cathy,

Thanks for your reply. Generally, changing the language settings in Organization profile will change the language of the system email.
Could you try resetting the language (select another language and change back to English) and wait for some time (up to 24h) then check the outcome?

If the issue remains, we would like to collect your tenant information to further check it from the backend. To protect your privacy, I have sent you a private message to collect the information.

Thanks,
Jim

--------------------------------
* Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here.
* Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps, as it will be beneficial to more community members reading here.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Cathy,

We have received the requested information via the PM. The behavior you reported is not what we commonly encounter. We have engaged the relevant team to continue to assist you with this. You will be contacted via email for further troubleshooting. We will share the solution to the community once you confirm that this is resolved. Community members will benefit from your sharing.

Thanks,
Jim
--------------------------------
* Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here.
* Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps, as it will be beneficial to more community members reading here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 25, 2024 Views 13,646 Applies to: