Server Error in '/' Application. - Cleared my history/cache etc and it still happens

Server Error in '/' Application.

Runtime Error Description: An exception occurred while processing your request. Additionally, another exception occurred while executing the custom error page for the first exception. The request has been terminated. 

I'm getting the above message whenever I sign into my Microsoft 365 account and try to view subscription plans. At first, I'm able to get through a few pages deep before I get this message. Then once I get this message, I can't even click on the first page now without getting this message. I'll sign out and just do a google search for Microsoft 365 plans then click on them from outside my 365 account, and I still will get this message. 

• I've cleared history and cache etc
    • This gets me back to being able to go for a few pages before I see the error again. Once I see the error, then I'm stuck and can't even see one page.
  • I'm using Chrome on a PC (I've also tried this on Explorer - same issue)
  • I've checked other websites after the error happens, all other things show up fine. Just not anything related to MS 365
  • I've checked with our IT Dept, they can't figure it out as all is fine on our end. 
  • The online Apps and PC Apps seem to be working fine.

Please get back to me ASAP. This is extremely annoying and weird to be happening and I believe it's directly related only when I search for more information on MS 365 plans and services for some reason. 

Thank you,

Mai

Answer
Answer

Hi Mai_0250,

Please perform the following steps to check the outcome:

1.Open your browser (such as Chrome) -> use Ctrl +shift+ delete to clear all browser data again.

2.Go to Control Panel > User Accounts > Credential Manager > Windows Credentials > under Generic Credentials, remove all credentials.

3.Open Chrome and check the result again.

If the issue persists, please provide the following information:

1.Regarding " try to view subscription plans", confirm which of the following page you are trying to access: https://portal.office.com/account/#subscriptions or https://portal.office.com/adminportal/home#/subscriptions. Can you access it vai the link directly? If anthing is misunderstood, provide the detailed reproduce steps of how you naviagate to the subcription plans page.

2.About "do a google search for Microsoft 365 plans then click on them", share a link/URL where you click for our test

3.Can you reproduce this issue on other devices?

4.Your Windows OS.

5.Are you a Single sign-on user? Handling the sign-in related issue needs your account information involving PII. Going forward, I will move this conversation to Private message to obtain such details.

Thanks,

Sky Pei

96 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 15, 2024 Views 72,126 Applies to: