Email Disclaimer Formatting

I am the administrator of my company's Office 365 service and I have set up the the following three rules in the Exchange Admin Centre:

- Email size.

- Confidentiality disclaimer

- Company details. 

The confidentiality disclaimer and company details rules means that text is showing at the bottom of all my out going emails, which is great and is working well, however, I have two questions regarding the formatting of the actual text that is displayed at the bottom of my emails:

- Please can someone let me know how I can reduce the size of the font displayed automatically at the bottom of my email?  I would like the text down to font size 8, but currently I don't appear to have any control on this.      

- Please can someone let me know how I can remove the hyperlink on my company address included automatically as part of my company details at the bottom of out going emails?  A hyperlink has been automatically created on my address, which when clicked on in a sent email opens Google Maps and shows my office.  As my office is at home (it's a very small company!), I really do not want such a hyperlink to be generated on my outgoing emails.

In the Exchange Admin Centre in Microsoft 365, I have tried selecting a rule, clicking edit and attempting to edit the text, but I can't seem to find anything that works.  I've tried copying and pasting plain text with a smaller font and no hyperlink, but the text at the bottom of my emails remain at the same size and the hyperlink on my address remains.  I have also clicked on the 'Inspect' option in the option box that opens when I right click on the text in the edit text box, but this opens a lot of code that appears rather complex and I do not understand.   

I note that other organisation's email disclaimers generally do not include hyperlinks and the text is generally smaller, so it must surely be possible to edit.  

Any help very much appreciated.

Answer
Answer

Hi DBG360,

Yes, as disclaimer supports HTML format, you can edit/add the HTML tags to reduce the size of the font and remove the hyperlink.

An article for your reference: 

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn600437(v=exchg.160).aspx#Format your disclaimer

Thanks,

Lance

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 22, 2018 Views 410 Applies to: