change Avatar in Teams Group

Hi It seems MS has a problem in uploading and changing the avatar I created for a specific group.

Before the summer holidays I didn't have any problems in uploading a avatar. But over the last couple of days is seems not to work

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hello Henri Timmerman,

Greetings. According to your description, I just tested this on my side and I can successfully change team's avatar on my side. 

Given this result, I'd like to share the steps as the following with you, please kindly give it a try and check the result:

1. In Microsoft Teams, click on the team that you are the owner.

2. Click the “More option •••” icon next to the name of this team and select “Manage team”: 

3. Move the mouse to the avatar of this team, and then click the icon of the small pencil to change the profile of this team:

If you still failed to change the team's profile picture, to help you better, we need to confirm the following information with you:

1. Please sign into Teams web APP and check if there is the same issue.

2. Can other team owner change the profile for this specific team?

3. Does this issue happen to all teams in your organization?

Best regards,

Jennifer

* Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here.
* We are happy and always here to help you, and share the Microsoft 365 for business online information with you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello Henri Timmerman, 

How is everything?  If there is any update, feel free share at your convenience.

Regards,
Jennifer

* We are happy and always here to help you, and share the Microsoft 365 for business online information with you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

No still not working. Tried the online version and the app function. Both not working.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Henri Timmerman, 

Thank you for getting back to us. 

Regarding your problem, please add other team member as a owner of this team, then ask the new owner check if he can change the avatar for this team.

In the meantime, please kindly check if there is the same result if you upload a different and smaller picture or directly select a default picture.

If the issue persists, to further investigate this issue, we need to collect the HTTP logs for analysis. I will send you the detailed steps about how to collect the logs via a Private Message (PM) and collect the logs in there.

Best regards,

Jennifer

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Henri Timmerman,

Many thanks for your update in the PM. We have checked the logs you shared but didn't find any related information in it. 

Given this result, may I confirm if this issue happens to all teams in you own or just this specific team?

If only this specific team has this issue, you may try to re-create a new team instead (via select the option "Create from An existing Microsoft 365 group or team and select the option “Members" under “Choose what you'd like to include from the original team"

), then check if you can change the avatar for the new team to work around it. 

Moreover, if the issue happens to all teams, we need to collect the debug logs for further checking. Please kindly refer to the article below to collect the debug logs and send it to us in the PM at your convenience: 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/log-files#debug-logs

Your understanding and efforts will be highly appreciated.

Best regards,

Jennifer

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Henri Timmerman, 

We haven’t received any reply from you, could you please share the debug logs with us in the PM at your convenience? We will glad and continue to try our best to help you.

Best regards,

Jennifer

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

where do I upload these files i got by doing what you requested in the answer link: 

Keyboard shortcut: Option + Command + Shift+1

I really don't like your service. It is been almost a week since I can't change the avatar. My lessons have already started and this is so confusing for all of us...and then the lack of service. Unbelievable that a big company like yours doesn't offer real live support.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

You want me to upload something, but then I got this....

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Henri Timmerman, 

Greetings and sorry for not responding in time for OOF reason. I understand that this problem has caused you a lot of inconvenience, and please believe that we are always trying our best to help our customers. 

However, in order to further investigate the root reason of this issue and provide better suggestions to you, we need to collect some logs. But we didn't find any useful information from the HTTP logs you shared, that's why we need to collect additional debug logs. Therefore, it extends the time to help you, looking forward to your kindly understanding for this. 

If you have collected the Debug logs, we would like to collect the entire log file in the PM via this link: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/privatemessage/inbox.

We appreciate your kindly updates at your earlist convenience. Your understanding and cooperation will be highly appreciated.

Best regards,

Jennifer

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

This service is really so bad! I am really getting very angry about this. They (microsoft) asks for files that I have uploaded a week ago already. Besides, they don't manage to solve such a simple problem. Every large company today has a chat fuction or something similar that will help you immediately. I am now entering my third week of lessons, and the problem is still unresolved. Because of this, my students experience how  terrible  this is. They keep asking me: how does this work, where can i find this? It gives me a headache 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated February 11, 2024 Views 1,214 Applies to: