Remove Personal Account

Some how I accidentally created a Personal Account with the same email address as my work account. I'm am not sure why this is allowed. I am now having problems when I try to access files from my Work accounts OneDrive as the applications seem to by default want to point to that personal account. When I try to login to the personal account at login.microsoftonline.com it seems to get stuck in a loop and I have to close the browser tab. When I open a new tab it takes me directly into my work account without asking for any login credentials.

I do not need, nor want the personal account. How do I get rid of it so it stops causing these problems?

Answer
Answer

hi warren,

as a workaround, you may consider adding aliases as email address to your microsoft account and remove your office 365 account. here are the detailed steps:

1. log into your manage your account aliases page with your personal account, and then click “add email alias”.

2. complete the crete a new email address and add it as an alias. when performing step1 and step2, if you get a page which asks you to verify so you can modify the sensitive information. just complete it according to the prompt.

3. on the next page, make *** Email address is removed for privacy *** the primary account and then remove your office 365 account.

if the issue persists, i’d like to collect the following information:

1. a screenshot about “get stuck in a loop”.

note: to upload screenshots, please click use rich formatting in this thread and select the insert/edit media icon.

2. try other browsers and check the result. e.g.: chrome, firefox.

3. reset ie settings and delete personal settings: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/reset-internet-explorer-settings.

regards,

spike 

14 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 9, 2024 Views 19,523 Applies to: