Office 365 and 1&1

Hi guys,  

I have been attempting to transfer my email from 1and1 to my new Office365 Account.

Our server and website is host by 1&1, we would like to keep hosting with 1and1. We have unlimited package at 1&1. We have already been using 2 exchange emails and we pay for it about  £5 per month.

I purchased my Office 365 Business Premium Package for myself. I have to pay £8 per month and I was wondering if it is something what I can do to transfer my email (POP3) into exchange email in Office 365 without paying cause I already pay for Office 365..

Thanks, 

Kinga

Answer
Answer

Hi guys,  

I have been attempting to transfer my email from 1and1 to my new Office365 Account.

Our server and website is host by 1&1, we would like to keep hosting with 1and1. We have unlimited package at 1&1. We have already been using 2 exchange emails and we pay for it about  £5 per month.

I purchased my Office 365 Business Premium Package for myself. I have to pay £8 per month and I was wondering if it is something what I can do to transfer my email (POP3) into exchange email in Office 365 without paying cause I already pay for Office 365..

Thanks, 

Kinga

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

Hi PaulNicklin7177,

For migrating 3rd email system to Office 365, it’s possible to achieve that by using IMAP migration. Only items in a user's inbox or other mail folders can be migrated. You can’t migrate contacts, calendar items, or tasks. A maximum of 500,000 items can be migrated from a user’s mailbox. Besides, the maximum message size that can be migrated is 35 MB.

For your reference the detailed information: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj874015(v=exchg.150).aspx

If there are only a few POP3 accounts, we also suggest you use Outlook clients to migrate your data to Office 365. Here’re the detailed steps:

1. Set up the POP3 account in Outlook for Windows.
  2. After the sync is finished, import the data to a pst file.
  3. Set up Office 365 account in Outlook client via Exchange.
  4. Import the pst file to Office 365 account by using Outlook.

After that, these data will be synced to Office 365 online server.

Here’s an article regarding migrating Gmail to Office 365 by using Outlook client. You can take it as a reference: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Import-Gmail-to-Outlook-20fdb8f2-fed8-4b14-baf0-bf04b9c44bf7

Thanks,

Brook 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated September 25, 2019 Views 709 Applies to: