Why are my emails disappearing after I move them to a folder?

This is SO frustrated! I have my college email with Exchange and two days ago I created a new folder to have it organized (no rules). When i started moving the email from my main inbox to the folder, they just vanished.  I contacted apple support because this happened in my Macbook,  however they told me to contact my server technical support because if it is not even of the website,  then it may be an issue with the server. I tried to contact this "technical support"  and I was waiting for over an hour without success. I gave up and kind of accepted that i lost my emails, i  thought maybe that was something that happened that day and that my emails will be back at any time. TODAY I tried to put another email in that folder and I lost  that email which is very, very important and has sensitive information. I need BIG HELP HERE! I tried so many things and nothing, seems like they just went somewhere in the space or something. Please, don't give the link of recovering emails deleted by mistake, because it is not the case and it doesn't work, I tried it already.  

If you can provide em with a number of a real technician that can help me for real great, or maybe somebody that had the same issue and resolved it ... I am completely  desperate now. I want to eliminate this account, I have the feeling that it is hacked but it is my school account, so technically  I can't just remove it....  thanks 

There might be a service degradation or something. Can you try to check your Junk Folder or Deleted Items?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Yes I did, and I chacked all the other folders as well. I tried the option to recover emaila from the deleted itema but mothing .. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi SaraKorkuc,

To better understand your situation, may I confirm with you’re the following information:

1. Which email client are your using? Is it Outlook 2016 for Mac? If issue happens to Outlook for Mac desktop client, use Spotlight search to check if they can be searched.

2. How did you move your emails (directly drag, use Move button on the Home tab or right-click the selected emails to move)?

3. Your account is an Office 365 account or Exchange on-premises account? Login Outlook Web App to find these lost emails. If they are also vanished from Outlook Web version, you may need to contact your school admin and let him run eDiscovery search or Content search to retrive your emails.

Thanks,

Anna

--------* Beware of Scammers posting fake Support Numbers here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

1. I used the “mail app” on my Mac, i did spotlight search and nothing, however today the same situation happened again but from the web site on a windows computer. I used chrome. 

2. I dragged them 

3. It is an exchange account (office 365) and yes they vamished from yhe website ... I’ll talk to my school to ask for that kind of search. 

Thank you, hopefully i can resolve this ... is it possible that my account is hacked? 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi SaraKorkuc,

Thanks for your reply. If you have some security concerns for your account, you can change a password and make sure the password is strong, if you have any antivirus software installed, run a scan to make sure there’s no malicious software installed on computer, take careful of any forwarding settings and forwarding rules. You may also consider enabling multi-factor authentication for your account to enhance the account security. Generally, admin can also help you checking your account activity via Office 365 audit log.

If you have any update, please feel free to share with us.

Thanks,

Anna

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi SaraKorkuc,

May I confirm whether you have any update? You can share with me at your convenience.

Regards,

Anna

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated June 30, 2024 Views 678 Applies to: