Welcome to the Exchange Online Support Corner

Technical Level : Intermediate

Summary

This page is covering a large variety of scenarios that we need to troubleshoot while managing Exchange, regardless if we are talking about on-premises Exchange or Office365 Exchange Online.

We have spread the content of these topics among several separate Wiki pages.

Interactive Web Cast recordings (30-60min):

Details

• Recipient moderation in Exchange Online (and on premises) is a straightforward and easy process once understood, however, scenarios in which these emails "disappear into thin air" are often and finding the right place to start can present itself as a small challenge. To help along with such an investigation we have published the following article: Recipient Moderation Troubleshooting guide.

• Office 365 offers a very useful option in Online Archives. It allows administrators and users to make use of additional storage which helps free up the primary mailbox and keep it tidy and neat. It’s very flexible and customizable, administrators having the possibility to define custom retention tags and policies.  And for the most part using the tags and policies is straight-forward. With one exception. Tasks. You can change/add/remove various retention tags on all folders within your mailbox, except for the Tasks folder. The following article is explaining how to Taks from the archiving process: How to exclude Tasks from being archived

• What should you do, in case you receive the following warning, when a Migration Batch is created in Exchange Online? One of the required migration features (PAW) isn't enabled. On December 1st, 2017 you will no longer be able to create batches until you upgrade which features are enabled. Remove all existing batches to trigger an upgrade of the available features. For additional details please take a look at the following article.

• My emails are not being archived or not deleted although I have implemented the proper Retention Policy. The archival process is governed by the MRM process and the root cause of why an email is not archived or deleted might differ from configuration to configuration. to get an insight on the common troubleshooting guidelines and must know scenarios please visit this article

• Are you struggling with failed hybrid migrations/move requests? If you have already extracted the error message from the migration report and you are looking for a fix, you can check the next article, that is centralizing over 15 hybrid migration errors, along with their solutions: Known solutions for hybrid migrations errors

Why Outlook user is unable to manage the Calendar of a Kiosk user ?

Why do I get this error when I try to access a shared calendar? "You do not have permission to view this calendar"

Why do I get the following errors while accessing other people's calendar: "Your request couldn't be completed. Http Status code:500", " Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Storage.ObjectNotFoundException: Default folder Notes not found" or "Couldn't update the following event <EventName>" ?

• I was advised to use the OffCat tool to analyze my Outlook client. How do I read the results? Well the OffCat tool is can be a very powerful tool when trying to troubleshoot various Outlook/Exchange online issues. The OffCat results will provide an overview on the installed Outlook client and what issue did this tool identified (see more)

• How does Exchange Online, under normal circumstances, decide whether to provision a mailbox, a MailUser, or a User account? Use the following guide to get the details you need to troubleshoot general provision issues that you might encounter when working with Exchange Online objects: Provisioning Recipients vs Normal Users

• Both mailbox creation and deletion failures will heavily involve verifying the current recipient type values across all directories - especially in a directory synchronized environment. If you find yourself in this kind of scenario please consult the following Wiki: Recipient Type Values and their meaning
  • Why emails are not marked as read automatically when I click on them?When a Microsoft Office365 user filters messages using the "Unread" filter in Outlook Web App, after reading a message, the message is not automatically marked as read. The behavior and cause are detailed in the following article.

• Sometimes we need to re-create some Active Directory users in the local AD directory and the main question is: How can I match this new identity with the online one that is already created in Office365, well the following article is discussing the Hard-Match approach: Procedure: Account Hard-Matching

Additional resources: ExoVoice Blog 

Was this article helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this article?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this article?

Thanks for your feedback.

This article can be useful if everything functions as it should be. I can't read messages on outlook 

This page is having a problem loading

We tried to load this page for you a few times, but there is still a problem with this site. We know you have better things to do than to watch this page reload over and over again so try coming back to this page later.

This is an embarrassing situation when one is trying to demonstrate how it works.

Was this comment helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this comment?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this comment?

Thanks for your feedback.

Forum Article Info

Last updated April 15, 2024 Views 3,894 Applies to: