Prepended Disclaimer - Cannot view "message preview pane" when disclaimer is turned on. Workaround without turning on more message preview lines?

Hello Microsoft community, 

Through Mail Flow rules, I have created a Prepended Disclaimer for emails originating outside of my organisation.  When this rule is activated a company disclaimer is prepended before the body of the message. Users are now upset because they cannot view the email preview because the disclaimer is now occupying the first couple lines where the message review would be. I know you can set the preview pane to view more lines, but is there a way move/alter the disclaimer in order for the preview pane to be visible with the users messages again? Do I need to remove the prepended part and place the disclaimer in the body? I know I can append the disclaimer, but this defeats the purpose of notifying our users of external emails. 

Any assistance on this would be helpful!!

Question Info

Last updated October 31, 2019 Views 1,070 Applies to:

Hi Greg Garrison,

According to your description, your company set a transport rule that mail from outside of your organization has a disclaimer. And you mean the disclaimer will influence the preview pane of message?

Please check if you set the rule as below capture:

I have checked the disclaimer content will show in message body for the settings as above rule, you can see as below capture:

If you have different scenario, please send us a screenshot to clarify it and let us know which app you use to deal with your emails. (Please remove your personal information when you upload your screenshot for protecting privacy)

Thanks,

Iry

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you Iry for your response. 

The example you listed above is correct, If I append the transport rule, the Preview Pane will become view able however, appending the message places the disclaimer at the bottom of the email thus defeating the purpose of notifying users of an external email before the actual email is read. If the disclaimer is somehow set inside the body of the message a couple lines down from the beginning of the email this may prevent the preview pane from being masked from the disclaimer, but then the original message might break up the original email from teh sender. 

To recap our concern: I would like to apply a disclaimer to emails located outside organization, but have the ability to still read email preview pane if possible.  The below example displays our current problem of preview pane removing email message:

I have also tried changing disclaimer file type to a .png image but our preview pane is still masked by the image disclaimer.

I found a workaround by prepend the subject of the message with disclaimer but this obviously alters the subject which some users may not like. 

Iry - is there anyway to add the disclaimer in the subject of messsge (not appending) without sacraficing message preview pane?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Greg Garrison,

According to your description, you want to add the disclaimer in the subject so that users can see the disclaimer without reading the emails. Actually, except the workaround you mentioned (prepend the subject of message), there is no other option to set the rule.

Or if you can set a rule as below capture, the disclaimer content will be shown in the front of the body content where is different from the appended disclaimer. For your requirement, you can submit your feedback here.

Thanks for your understanding,

Iry

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm sorry I may have confused you. I have also tried to prepend the disclaimer but this method creates the problem of not being about to view the message preview pane. 

I have tried to Append the message but this method does not warn caution users when opening external mail until the end of the email chain. 

Prepending the subject with disclaimer does give users the ability to use message preview again, but some users may not want the email subject lines altered. 

Maybe this is no way to use a disclaimer in the body of an email giving the users the ability to "see" message preview pane but also warning them of external email danger?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Greg Garrison,

The ways to use a disclaimer in the body are those (Prepend or Append) you mentioned, but it seems that neither of them can meet your requirement. So, I suggest you to submit your feedback regarding your requirement as my last post, we can know where need to be improved for our products based on your feedback.

Thanks,

Iry

Sorry this didn't help.