As per my research from previous Q&As I learned that there is system folder named 'Files' in an Exchange Online environment. And I understand that this folder only exists if the mailbox migrated from another not-exchange mailbox.
We are using Office 365 Business Premium for sometime. One of my users has a problem with this Files folder. Normally this folder is hidden in both Outlook 2016 and OWA. But when the user runs a search, results from this folder is also shown.
In OWA, the messages shown with [UNKNOWN] tag and when you try to open, it is says it is located in Drafts folder(actually not).
In Outlook, In the messages pane, it says "This item has an active content".
- Quick/Full Repair of Office installations.
- tried x86/x64 installations.
- tried scanpst.exe.
- tried outlook switches
- tried rebuilding search index
- tried stop&disable Windows Search Service.
- tried creating a new mailbox profile
- tried cached mode/online mode
- tried cached mode's time period to cache.
none of them work.
Is there anyway to exclude this system folder from searches?
Or is it safe to delete this folder completely with MFCMapi?