Exchange 2010 Hybird with O365 - Public Folders mail enabled - external senders fail..

Hello everyone,

Recently we have completed a migration for a client to O365. The set up is a Hybrid with Exchange 2010 on prem. The client has public folders which we used CodeTwo migration tool to migrate over to O365. Everything there is good, users can access the Public Folders in O365 fine.

The issue I am experiencing is several of the public folders are mail enabled with email addresses. I made sure the Public Folders in O365 are mail enabled and have their respective email addresses added. However, any external attempt to email the email address fails with a non-delivery the address does not exist. If you email from with in the companies domain, it arrives fine.

The set up is currently for the MX/Autodiscovery  ----->barracuda appliance---->on prem front end Exchange 2010.

The non-delivery states the email address does not exist. What I have tested so far with no change was:
1. Disable Mail Enable on a public folder (Web Feed back) - sent email from external fails
2. Verify the mail enabled public folder has the assigned *** Email address is removed for privacy ***, which the on-prem properties match for the mail enabled public folder, on prem and O365 have the email.

Once i migrate the on-prem public folders into O365, should i be deleting them from on-prem? would that force exchange to then look for the *** Email address is removed for privacy *** address to be checked in O365 instead of on prem?

Question Info

Last updated July 11, 2018 Views 225 Applies to:
Answer
Answer
Hi SysIT,

Since then, you can try pointing the MX record to Office 365 and then check the result (you may need to wait for sometime so that the permance can teke effect).

Regards,
Alan

-------------------------------------------------
If you feel a reply works for you, please kindly vote or mark it as it will be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.