Cannot sign in to Office 365 / Exchange with Azure AD Enabled on iOS 11.0.1

Our office uses Office365 with Azure AD enabled. Since upgrading to Apple iOS 11.0.1, we get the following error when trying to log-in to an account choosing "Exchange" on iOS:

iOS Accounts

You can't access this application

iOS Accounts needs permission to access resources in your organization that only and admin can grant. Please ask an admin to grant permission to this app before you can use it.

I am an admin. The weird thing is, I can't find "iOS Accounts" anywhere in the Azure AD App Directory. What am I missing? How do I grant access to this app so that users can log-in?

Answer
Answer

Eirik,

We did end up finding a solution for ourselves. 

Here are the steps of what solved it for us:

1. Go to the Azure AD Admin Center / Azure AD Admin Portal

2. Under "Users and Groups", to go "User settings"

3. Change the following slider to "Yes": Users can consent to apps accessing company data on their behalf

Unfortunately, it appears this is a Global setting, you must allow ALL apps, not just iOS Accounts specifically. If anyone has another way let me know! However, once we changed the slider to "Yes", users were able to add their accounts on iOS 11. 

14 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

Hi

I fixed this in our environment today, basically you need to get the url of the ios accounts application (copy from the login page of your iphone just before you get the error). Edit the url on your pc, replace the login prompt section with "prompt=admin_consent". See https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/develop/active-directory-devhowto-multi-tenant-overview#understanding-user-and-admin-consent. Also take out the hint=emailadress bit. Put this url into a browser, login as global admin and you'll get a consent page...bingo. Not sure why this has to be done, in our case we could see the ios accounts app in the portal but couldnt do much with it.

hope this helps, cant be waiting around form ms to fix it.

cheers

Russ

8 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated September 30, 2021 Views 24,440 Applies to: