Office 365 Business Premium Login with Custom Domain

I want to be able to login to my Office 365 Business (and also Azure, but I'll look into that later unless it can be encompassed in this solution) with *** Email address is removed for privacy ***, not *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. I have set up my custom domain name, set *** Email address is removed for privacy *** to be the primary email address for the account and I can send and receive emails with it through Office 365. However, whenever I try to login I get a user or password not found error unless I explicitly use the .onmicrosoft.com address. What steps do I need to take to have login credentials only use my custom domain?
|
Answer
Answer

Hi Amb85,

Please confirm whether you followed the steps below to change your login account.

1. Go to Admin center > Users > Active users, click your user profile.

2. Click Edit beside the User name / Email.

3. Click the dropdown and change it to your desired login account.

After you change the User name, there will be a warning said “After the update the user name, you will need to sign in to Office 365 using your new user name. your pass words will stay the same.”

If there is any misunderstood, please provide the detailed steps of how you change the user name.

If the issue persists, we’d like to collect your tenant information via Private Message to check your account status from back end.

Regards,

Tisky

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 12, 2021 Views 1,670 Applies to: