My onmicrosoft.com domain shows in outlook

Hi There I have looked everywhere how to make a change in settings and admin but when viewing my email in outlook (office365) it shows my initial demo domain. When i send an email to Gmail it shows as sent on behalf and references the onmicrosoft.com domain. This looks very unprofessional. Can anyone offer help on how to resolve this? thanks

|
Answer
Answer

hi paul,

thanks for your information.

about “signed-by: domain.onmicrosoft.com” in gmail screenshot, it is related to the checking mechanism of google. if a message was correctly dkim signed, a 'signed-by' header with the sending domain will appear. 

may i know whether you are an admin of office 365?

if you host the domain name on microsoft, it is the expected behavior. you cannot change it. i definitely understand your concerns. given the situation, would you mind submitting feedback to our related team about this feature? many features have been designed or upgraded based on our customers’ valuable comments.

if you host the domain name on other providers, you can enable the dikm for your own domain name. here is a reference:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/tzink/archive/2015/10/08/manually-hooking-up-dkim-signing-in-office-365.aspx

if you have any questions when doing that, to avoid confusing other community members and one thread has one issue, i suggest you post a new thread in our forum. then our engineers will focus on the new thread and troubleshoot the issue for you.

in this thread, i will focus on the issue about your onmicrosoft.com domain shows in outlook. i have checked your smtp addresses and outlook screenshots in the private message. can you check the following information? here are the steps:

1. log into the portal.
2. please make sure your user name and primary email address are the same like the screenshot shows below. if yes, please try re-creating an outlook profile in outlook clients.

3. if they are different, please change them to the same one and re-create a new outlook profile to see whether there is any improvement. after that, if the onmicrosoft.com still shows in your outlook clients, please upload some screenshots of the portal page and outlook clients via the workspace.

best regards,
erick

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 1, 2021 Views 7,395 Applies to: