No Synchronization to Metaverse

I have recently deployed an AAD Connect staging server. We decided to test it and we can see all the objects that should be synchronised to Office 365/Azure AD in the Metaverse. However, if I look in the Synchronization Service I see that the Synchronization operations have a status of "Stopped-Server". There are error events in the application event with IDs of 6311 and 6401. There are some old articles about a hotfix for FIM, but these obviously cannot be applied. Also, if I create a new user I can see the object listed in the Connector Space for AD when an import (full or delta) runs, however, even though when the Synchronization (full or delta) runs the statistics says add 1, if I click the link there are no objects listed. AAD Connect is using full SQL hosted on another server. I can also see on the SQL server that AAD Connect is connected and the solution must have worked at some point because there are objects in the Metaverse. I believe the Connector Space objects are stored in memory on the server and only the objects synchronized to the Metaverse are stored in SQL, so could it be a problem with SQL?

I cannot run the AAD Connect troubleshooting tool in the environment that I'm working in. 

Does anyone have any ideas what could be the root cause of the issue and how it can be fixed? 

Thanks in advance

Answer
Answer
Hi Stuart,

I understand that you encountered an 'Stopped-Server' error in AAD connect. It could be to many deletes in the local AD. A feature of the AZure AD Connect Tool is the deletion threshold. This feature is designed to protect you from accidental deletes and changes to your on-premises directory which would effect a large number of users. You may refer to the following steps to temporarily disable the threshold or adjust the threshold:
1. Open PowerShell on Azure AD Connect server.
2. Run “Import-Module ADSync”.
3. Run the PowerShell cmdlet: Disable-ADSyncExportDeletionThreshold
4. Trigger another sync or just run the Export run profile in the miisclient.exe.
5. To re-enable the protection run the PowerShell cmdlet: Enable-ADSyncExportDeletionThreshold

6. Adjust the threshold using the command: Enable-ADSyncExportDeletionThreshold -DeletionThreshold <value>

Besides, please provide the entire error message you found so we can further check this issue.

Regards,
Yang

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 1, 2021 Views 467 Applies to: