Issue with Office 365 / Azure login

Hello,

I have configured Azure AD sync for on-prem accounts. I've been in this scenario for over a year. Now, I cannot login to Office 365 or Azure using my on-prem account, nor can I login using my cloud-only admin account (onmicrosoft.com). I am receiving the following error after authenticating in the portal:

You can try refreshing the page to solve the problem. You can also wait a few minutes and try again.

Correlation ID:
ncu#85caabc8-3668-4449-9a4e-3354b5b6362b 

Error code:

---

I have ran the Azure AD troubleshooter for password sync without issue. I've also reset my password multiple times to ensure nothing is wrong there. It looks like the Azure AD sync itself is running fine. When running the AD Sync configuration tool, I receive a 401 when trying to authenticate to Azure AD.

Thanks!

Hi Dustin,

Since the cloud only admin account can't be logged in, my understanding is that we should troubleshoot the issue via the cloud side firstly. For your situation, please re-confirm the followings:

1. Your Office 365 (cloud side) has the valid license (unless you sign into Admin Portal).

2. Your browser has no any cache (you can try clearing the cache) or you can change another browser. 

3. The cloud only admin account's password is valid (you can try changing another password for it)

By the way, I'd like to collect the "401 error" screenshot (a complete one. And if there is any private information in it you can provide it in the Private Message). 

Regards,

Alan

-----------------------

* Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here.

* Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps please, as it will be beneficial to more Community members reading here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Alan,

1. It should have a valid license, though I cannot log in to verify.

2. I have tried multiple browsers on multiple machines.

3. The cloud-only password is correct as I get a red error message on the login screen if the password is wrong. I believe the password is right as the error message is through inside the portal itself, but I cannot see anything else within the tenant. Also, I cannot seem to reset the cloud only password to validate.

I will send you a PM.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Dustin,

Thanks for your update. 

For "I can not see anything else within the tenant", do you mean you can't even sign into Office 365 online services (ie, Outlook Web App) besides the Admin Portal? If so, I need to collect yout cloud-only admin  account (email address) in the Private Message (PM) for checking. 

Regards,

Alan

-----------------------

* Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps please, as it will be beneficial to more Community members reading here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Alan,

The difference is like if you did login to the Office 365 portal, saw the suite bar and nothing else, and were presented with an error message in the body area. This interface does not occur when the username or password is wrong - you stay on the login page with a red text error message. Does that make sense? (See PM for screen shot and cloud-only account login).

Dustin

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Dustin,

Signing into with incorrect credential (username, password) won't route to the Portal Page, so it won't occur that abnormal web (only suite bar). Now, I'd like to check if the issue is related to your AAD Connect environment. So if you don't have the special useage of ot, I sugget you try turning off your AAD Connect to see if you can sign into it with your cloud only admin account.

Regards,
Alan

-----------------------

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Alan,

I have disabled AAD Connect. Same problem.

It may be important to note the error I get when navigating OWA that the auth token is not being issued:

X-ClientId: 0A291F76A7D7451C8615C546DE692759
request-id c389fdfd-6f55-4ece-9dab-9d803c919931
X-Auth-Error OpenIdConnect OpenIdConnectIdpException
X-OWA-Version 15.20.302.12
X-FEServer CY4PR21CA0037
X-BEServer CY4PR19MB1128
Date:12/15/2017 7:53:01 PM

Do you think I should call in a support case or can you take care of this issue?

Dustin

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Dustin,

Thanks for your update. 

Since without AAD Connect running but the issue persists, my understanding is that your Office 365 Tenant might have some problem. Under the current situation, I may consult our related team to see if any other information I need to check so that we can move forward. Thanks for your understanding. By the way, I also will update in the PM if it involves in some private information. So please also monitor the PM

Regards,
Alan

-----------------------

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated September 30, 2021 Views 1,675 Applies to: