Moving Email Inbox & Sent Items from 123-reg.co.uk to Office 365 Business Premium

Firstly, please forgive me if this question has been asked before!

We are a very small office with 1 email address and a simple website and I am not an IT technician but I seem to have been allocated the IT function (issues).

Prior to me starting with the company, the website domain was hosted at www.123-reg.co.uk and an email was also created using the domain name.

The company was using Office 2010 (Outlook 2010 for email utilising IMAP) and Small Business Server 2003.

I have recently replaced the server to WSE 2012 and also managed to convince my manager to switch the Office Suite and email to Office 365 Business Premium.

I have registered our domain with O365 and the email is working fine with all new emails coming through O365.  The website will remain with 123-reg.

The issue that I have is the email that is still on the server with 123-reg.co.uk.  The inbox and sent items that are still on the 123-reg server have approximately 12500 emails that we want to be able to move over and access using O365.  

As a non-techie, I looked online and found an option to do an IMAP migration which I thought would do the job.  I tried it but it simply would not work, saying the migration had failed.

I would be really grateful if anybody could advise any way of moving the old emails across to O365...but preferably an easy(ish) and free way!

Many thanks.

Hi JonCostello,

About “Prior to me starting with the company, the website domain was hosted at www.123-reg.co.uk and an email was also created using the domain name.”, do you mean your email provider was also 123-reg before? If yes and you followed the IMAP migration steps, based on our experience, it may because that the email server doesn’t support it. So can you check it? If the server doesn't support it, the workaround is to export the emails in your email server to an .PST file in the Outlook client, then import it to the Office 365 account by referring the articles below:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Export-Outlook-items-to-an-Outlook-Data-File-pst-14252b52-3075-4e9b-be4e-ff9ef1068f91

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Import-Outlook-items-from-an-Outlook-Data-File-pst-431a8e9a-f99f-4d5f-ae48-ded54b3440ac

If the server supports the IMAP migration or your scenario is different, can you provide more detailed information? For example, the error message when you did IMAP migration. If you want to use the workaround and have any difficulties when using it, please feel free to let me know.

Thanks,

Larry

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi JonCostello,

We haven't hear you for a while, do you need further assistance?

Thanks,

Larry

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated September 10, 2020 Views 1,361 Applies to: