How to Install Office Pro Plus 2016 via Office Deployment Tool? What Product ID to use?

Hi,

I am trying to install Office Pro Plus 2016 via the Office 2016 Deployment Tool.

In the configuration file I have tried specifying the following PIDs:

• O365ProPlusRetail
  • O365HomePremRetail
  • ProfessionalRetail
  • WordRetail

But whenever I try activating the software with my license key I get a message saying "This product key is for Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2016" & a link to "Install this Product Instead". If I click the link, then the deployment tool installs the software on this PC.

But what I want to do is create a deployment package, i.e. I want to download the software with the deployment tool & install it. For that I need to know the correct product id. Office deployment tool seems to be able to download it for me, but it doesn't tell me what Product ID I need to use.

I have looked at the MS article on the available PIDs (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2842297), where it implies that O365ProPlusRetail is the key I need, but that still generates the above error.

Anybody got a clue what key I need?

Answer
Answer

I found the answer. The key for  Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2016 is "ProPlusRetail". For some reason this key is not listed on KB2842297, but this key works. The software is downloaded and installed via the Office deployment tool.

56 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 13, 2024 Views 16,128 Applies to: