No Sender emails in "Files" folder

Hello

I wonder if anyone can help me. I'm using Microsoft exchange with Macmail Version 7.3

A few weeks ago I noticed a new folder appeared at the bottom of my list of email folders - called "Files". In this folder are hundreds of emails from "No Sender" they seem to be duplicates of emails in my other folders but unformatted and with the sender removed. 

When I try and delete this folder I get the message - The server returned the error: Distinguished folders cannot be deleted. The strange thing is that this folder is not in my email list of folders when I log into my emails on Office365. The same thing happened to all four members of our team at the same time

The problem is that it is interfering with my search function because anytime I try and find an email it brings up all these No Sender emails so it's really very annoying

If anyone could help me solve this problem it would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Question Info

Last updated October 3, 2018 Views 297 Applies to:
Answer

Hi Crystal I-C,

The Files folder is a system folder which appears in EWS clients such as Mac Mail. It cannot be deleted. I suggest you add this folder in the Privacy list of Spotlight to exclude it from the search result. To do that,

1.  Go to System Preference -> Spotlight.

2.  Go to Privacy tab and click + to add the folder.

3.  Navigate to ~/Library/Mail/v3. Search in all the subfolders and select Files.mbox and click choose.

Thanks,

Chris

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer

Hi Crystal,

Thanks for the detailed information.

Based on the screenshot you provided, I found you are using the search function within Mac Mail instead of the Spotlight. As you have selected the All tab, the Files folder is included in the search result. To exclude the Files folder, you can click specific folder tab next to the All tab to specify the search range.

Thanks,

Chris

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.