Microsoft Authenticator Error

Our company migrated to Office365 business while some are not on business as I belong to a Congregation which means we are a combination of support staff and non-working users.

I am setting up the Microsoft Authenticator in my iPhone. I am getting an error below from the Microsoft Authenticator apps when I enter my official address

That Microsoft account doesn't exist.  Please enter a different account.

Please help how to get the Microsoft authenticator work in the iPhone.

Answer
Answer

Hi Mary,

Sorry for the delayed reply and thanks for updating and sharing to help us better understand your situation.

According to your description, may I confirm that if you try to go to www.office.com with your work or school account?

If my understanding is correct, I did a test on my side, the test result shows that when you type your work or school account directly in www.Office.com login page, it will work fine, but when I type Microsoft account first instead, after sign out this personal account, I got the same message when I try login with my work or school account once again:

Therefore, you can access www.portal.Office.com or www.Office.com directly with your work or school account. But You may encounter an error message when you type work or school account in a Microsoft account login page.

This is an example screenshot of school or work account login page:

For more detail about personal account and work or school account, you can refer to

What is a Microsoft account and a work or school account and how do I get one?

Please have a try and share the result with us.

Best Regards,

Higgins

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated July 20, 2023 Views 621 Applies to: