Message trace result: status is expanded

Hi, 

We have a ticketing system wherein when clients send emails to our ticketing system, it gets logged in our CRM. For the past two days, few tickets are getting logged in the system whereas Few aren't. When I ran a message trace, I could see the status as EXPANDED. (For protect your privacy, we removed the section)

When I opened the result and tried to check, I could see it's displayed as 

12/21/2017 5:39:08 AM Drop Reason: [{LED=250 2.1.5 RESOLVER.GRP.Expanded; distribution list expanded};{MSG=};{FQDN=};{IP=};{LRT=}]

Reason: [{LED=250 2.1.5 RESOLVER.GRP.Expanded; distribution list expanded};{MSG=};{FQDN=};{IP=};{LRT=}]

But it isn't registered as a ticket. Could anyone please advise me on this?!

Answer
Answer

Hi Kausalya,

Does this issue happen to every Distribution lists or specific Distribution list?

The drop event in your message trace result means the email sent to the distribution group was expanded to every recipient in the distribution group and the recipients in the distribution group did receive the email individually. https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj200712%28v=exchg.150%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396 .

Moreover, please provide us with the detailed Non-Delivery Report (NDR) via the private message for further analysis.

Regards,

Gorden

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

Hi Kaushylya,

For better know your situation, do you mean that before you run message trace, you did not add your CRM email address to the DL(Distribution List), and now you have added it to the DL?

If the recipient is a DL, the message trace status is expanded, and if you haven’t receive messages, it may because the DL fail to send  emails to your email address. Since it is a DL, you can check whether members in the DL can receive the messages.

May you give us more explanation? We will try our best to solve your problem.

Regards,

Gorden.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 12, 2024 Views 37,519 Applies to: