Q: error code : 0xC004f074 and asking or a product code but not accepting it This thread is locked from future replies

I have had a microsoft office 2010 professional plus license on my laptop for 5 months. My last laptop died and i changed the licence over. But 5 days ago  every time I open a microsoft office 2010 programme it tells me i have 30 days to activate, but I have a full license. I have entered the product key but it is saying my product key is invalid  and coming up with the error code : 0xC004f074. Please can anyone help.
Thanks, From Sharna.

Hi Sharna,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. As I understand you’re unable to activate Office 2010 on the system.

Before starting the troubleshooting steps, I would need more details on the issue:

1. Is the system connected to a network or domain?

2. Did you activate Office 2010 Professional Plus after installing it?

You receive the prompt to enter the product key only when there is a trial version of Office installed on the system. Check if there is any trial version of Office installed on the system. If yes uninstall the trial and then try to open the Office applications and check:

·         Close all the Office applications.

·         Click on Start< Control Panel< Programs and Features.

·         In the programs list check if there is any trial version of Office installed. If yes, right click on it and click on Uninstall.

·         Once the uninstallation is complete reboot the system.

·         Now try to open the Office applications and check if it works fine.

You may also refer the link mentioned which discusses about the similar error message and check if it helps:

I hope the above suggestion helps. If you need further assistance on this particular issue or any other Office related issues let us know and we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 6,261 Last updated: February 12, 2018 Applies to: