Error 1305 installing Office 2013

Originally, I was trying to upgrade to Office 2013.  During the upgrade, I received the following error:  Error 1305. Setup cannot read file C:\Windows\assembly\GAC\microsoft.mshtml\7.0.3300.1_b03f5f7f11d50a3a\microsoft.mshtml.dll       Then, when I cancelled the install, Office 2010 wouldn't run and I ended up uninstalling 2010.  So now I have no Office.  I've been trying to install using a flash drive, then I moved the files to the desktop.  Still same error!  I need a For Dummies version of a fix (step by step please!).  

Question Info

Last updated November 5, 2018 Views 2,048 Applies to:

Hi,

Let me help you install Office 2013 on your computer.

I would like to know more information to assist you better.

Which Office 2013 suite did you purchase and from where?

Was the product registered with your email account?

Provide more information to assist you better.

Since the Office installation failed, let us ensure that all traces of Office installation files have been removed from the computer.

Run the fixit for Office 2010 from the following link to completely remove all traces of its installation files.

https://support2.microsoft.com/kb/971179?wa=wsignin1.0

To remove all traces of Office 2013 installation files, run the fixit from the following link:

http://support2.microsoft.com/kb/2739501

If the product was registered using your email account, then you may login to www.office.com/myaccount with the registered email address and check if the product is listed. If listed, then click Install Office.

Let us know the required information and hope the suggestions provided are helpful.

Thank you.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you for the quick response!  I ran the fixit tool for both Office 2010 and 2013, then tried installing Office 2013.  I received the same error:  Error 1305. Setup cannot read file C:\Windows\assembly\GAC\microsoft.mshtml\7.0.3300.1_b03f5f7f11d50a3a\microsoft.mshtml.dll  Check your network connections or if installing from CD-Rom be sure to have the disk in the drive.  I am not installing from a disk, I actually extracted the file to the desktop from a flash drive (using the same flash drive I was able to install Office 2013 on another machine).  We are a school and I pull the files from the Volume Licensing Center.  I did not burn the files to a disk but have them on a flash drive. 

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Thank you for the reply.

This issue ideally occurs if there are missing files.

Try copying the content to the local drive, restart the computer in Windows clean boot following the steps from the link below and then install.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: Ensure to restart the computer in the normal mode after troubleshooting.

Let us know if the suggestions provided helps you install Office 2013 suite.

Thank you.

Sorry this didn't help.

When you say copy to the local drive, do I just create a folder on the C drive and put the files there?  (I take it leaving the files on the desktop won't work?).  Thank you!

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Thank you for the reply and sorry for the delay in response.

To help you better, we need few details about the issue.

1. From where did you purchase Office 2013?

2. Do you have the product key or registered Microsoft Account associated with Office 2013?

Based on the mode of purchase, you may refer to the article below on how to install Office 2013:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/support/find-your-product-key-for-office-2013-HA102830243.aspx

For further queries, reply and we would be happy to assist.

Thank you.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello!  My Office 2013 is part of an educational services package.  I do have the key and I install from a flash drive (my files are ISO files to begin with).  I tried installing from a Clean Boot, and had the installation files in a folder on my C drive (I just dragged and dropped the folder).  I tried to install Office and got the same message:

Error 1305, Setup cannot read file

C:\Windows\assembly\GAC\Microsoft.mshtml\7.03300.0_b03f5f7f11d50a3a\Microsoft.mshtml.dll.  Check your network connection or, if you are installing from CD-ROM, be sure that the Professional Plus 2013 CD-ROM is in the drive.  Click Retry to continue or Cancel to stop the installation.

The machine has been wiped clean of Office (see earlier response to this thread) and I am not installing from a CD-Rom--the installation files are on the pc itself!  Yet it cannot find the files!!  How can I get Office installed on this machine?

Please help!!

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you for the reply.

If you have the product key for Office Professional Plus 2013 then you may download Office Professional Plus 2013 from the link given below then install it using the product key and check if that works:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/evalcenter/jj192782.aspx

For further queries, reply and we would be happy to assist.

Thank you.

Sorry this didn't help.

I clicked on that link and "thought" I followed instructions--it did install a file in My Documents, but when I click on it, it wants to burn a disc.  Not sure what I did incorrectly.  

Sorry this didn't help.

I went back, uninstalled the installer and tried again.  when downloading the installer, everything seemed to be going fine then at the end, I received the pop-up asking me to save the Office File and then behind that the pop up asking me to close the installer.  I've tried multiple ways, but at no time do I get Office opening up.  All I get is the Office  ISO file in My Documents and when I try to open it of course it wants to burn a CD.  

Next step?  Greatly appreciate any and all help!  

Sorry this didn't help.