Office 365 Activation

I have an issue with the activation of Office 365, but with a twist. I have gone through the forum, but haven't found another case like this.

Some background information first. I have office 365 installed on three machines, two windows (laptop and desktop) and one mac. The installations on the mac and the laptop have activated without a problem, the issue is with the desktop.

I have recently reinstalled the desktop, so it's clean and the previous installation on this machine has been deactivated in my account.

After installing Office 365 (32 bit) I can sign into my account, but it does not activate. I've removed it and reinstalled, but with the same result. The twist comes with the 64 bit version. After removing the 32 bit version again, I thought that I would try the 64 bit; it activates without any problems at all.

Unfortunately though, I have to use the 32 bit version, so I need to find a way around.

To round up

Laptop: Activates

Mac: Activates

Destop 64 bit: Activates

Desktop 32 bit: Will not activate

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hello Jason,

Could you precisely / completely state the error that you encounter while activating Office in 32 bit system?

Thank You!

10 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

There isn't an actual error message. When I open one of the office products an 'Activate Office' pop up is activated requesting the email address associated with the Office subscription. After the email address is added a second pop up is activated with the heading 'We Need a Little More Help' and asking whether the email account is Microsoft or Organizational.
I choose Microsoft, enter the password, the product opens with a warning 'Product Notice. Most of the features of **** have been disabled because it hasn't been activated.'
Obviously this doesn't happen with the 64 bit version.

I've also tried removing the Generic Credentials associated with the Microsoft account from the Windows Vault, which had no effect.

11 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Jason,

Try the following steps and see if that helps:

Step1:

You may rerun the fix it from the article below to remove corrupt Office 365 folders and files:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2739501

Note: Try to save the fix it tool to the desktop and then run it to remove Office.

If fix it tool failed to run, you may try the manual removal of Office 365 step from the above article.

Step 2:

Once Office is reinstalled try to open the applications as an Administrator and check if that helps.

Right click on icon > select Run as administrator.

Step3:

If that does not help, try to start the computer in clean boot: and check if that helps.

Refer to the following article to know more on how to do so.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: Ensure to restart the computer in normal mode once troubleshooting is completed.

Clean boot is performed to disable all startup programs and 3rd party services on the machine and check if they are conflicting with the Office program. If so, you may disable the unwanted software those conflict with the suite or get them updated.

Thank You!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Followed the instructions step by step. Still not working! My Account name and passwword are accepted, but it still won't activate.
I've double checked the Account and password on the other machines and the online account. I am using the same credentials for all.
I am still able to activate the 64bit on the machine with the 32bit activation issue, without a problem.

Any other ideas?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Steps to Try:

Contact Office Tech Support:

If you still can't get it installed I would contact Microsoft's Office Tech Support by going to http://answerdesk.microsoftstore.com/AnswerTech and searching by the service name Office to start a chat.

You should be able to call Tech Support by selecting your region here and click Contact US at the top. Make sure you are talking to Office Support and not Windows Support.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Não consigo  acessar os arquivos word e excel, do office 365,

Maria Lucia

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Questa è una disgrazia !! Sconsigliatissimo

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

It is possible to disable NCSI by a registry setting if you don’t want Microsoft to be able to check your internet connection.  Internet connection issues causes Activation to fail.

1. As Administrator, run Regedit
2. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEM > CurrentControlSet > Services > NlaSvc > Parameters > Internet
3. Under the Internet key, double-click EnableActiveProbing, and then in Value data, type: 0
     The default for this value is 1. Setting the value to 0 prevents NCSI from connecting to a site on the Internet during checks for connectivity

4. Reboot then it will work

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

l have an issue with the activation of Office 365, but with a twist. I have gone through the forum, but haven't found any solution.

l bought the office on line please can someone help me out l try the fix it doesn't work I use the command prompt also to no avail l delete and re-instilled on several occasion but it doesn't work my system is windows 10 and the operating system 64bit

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Have you checked the 365 portal and whether your license is activated for your machine? A simple remove of the license and then reapply may work

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated October 5, 2021 Views 21,607 Applies to: