System error: 0xc06d007e

Hi,

I am trying to install a Windows office Home & Student on my new laptop. Initially when i tried to install via download, it wouldn't run the setup.exe (error code 0-22). I uninstalled the office 2013 trial version which came installed with the laptop, restarted the system and then installed office (online). Then it was successfully installed. But when I try to run any of the suite products, it asks me to activate the product (again!!!) and if i try to activate it gives an error: 0xc06d007e. Please let me know how to resolve this issue. I have already wasted 2-3 hours doing this and really need office products to work on certain things.

Question Info

Last updated November 14, 2018 Views 35,485 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hello Vivek,

Ideally installing Office 2013 on the PC should activate it automatically if the PC is connected to Internet.

To resolve the issue, let us run the Fix it from the following article to remove all traces of the Office on the system.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2739501

Once the Fix it completes then you may re-install Office 2013 and verify the results.

I hope this fixes the issue. If you still have issues, you may reply and we’ll be happy to help you.

Thank you

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I have this same error message when I try to turn on my Avast virus protection.  It also appears when I try to uninstall, fix or any thing else with Avast.

233 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

I also have system error: 0xc06d007e on display and none of the products open.  Office was installed by one of you techs using log me on . com a few weeks ago.  All worked well but now this.  Any suggestions? 

36 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

I am sorry to know that you are not able to open Microsoft Office applications on the computer. I will be assisting you with this issue.

In order to resolve this issue we will have to uninstall and reinstall Office 2013; please follow these steps. 

• In order to un-install Office remnants from your computer, you will have to install and run the Office 2013 FIXIT tool. Please run the tool even if you do not have Office 2013 showing in your list of programs at present – as there may be remnants of a previous installation of Office on your computer.
  • Download / Install and run the Office 2013 FIXIT tool from the following link: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2739501 

Note: Save the FIXIT before running it if you’re working on a 64 bit Windows.

Once you have completed running the FIXIT follow these steps to delete the Office 15 folders.

• From Windows Explorer please navigate to the following location: C:\Propgram Files\ or C:\Program Files (x86)\
  • Make sure to delete the Microsoft Office 15 folder.
  • In case you are able to delete the folder then right-click on it and click on Rename. Rename the folder as Microsoft Office 15 old. Ignore these steps in case you are not able to find the Microsoft Office 15 folder in the above mentioned location.
  • Once you have completed running the FIXIT and deleted/renamed the Office 15 folder be sure to restart your computer.
  • Now try logging into the My Account page and install Office 2013. The URL for the My Account page is http://office.com/myaccount. Microsoft account credentials refers to your Outlook.com or Hotmail.com or Live.com email account or any other email account which you have used for the Office 365 Home registration. 

Check if you were able to download and install Office 2013 successfully. Once this is completed check if Office 2013 prompts you for activation. If yes, proceed with the steps on screen and activate Office 2013. Check now if you are able to open Office 2013 applications normally.

Please try the above steps and let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm experiencing the same error. What happens to my data in Outlook of I run the FIXIT solution suggested?

Sorry this didn't help.

I can't access my Office 2013 programs. When I try to open Word or Excel I am asked to enter my Microsoft ID and password. I do this, then I get this error code System error: 0xc06d007e.  I bought my Office at Staples. It wasn't a trial version.  To quote another user, "I have already wasted 2-3 hours doing this and really need office products to work on certain things". Please help.

5 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

I have been using Office 2013 Word for several years and this error has just jumped up when I tried to open Word.  Have not tried to access other "Office" products.  How can I possibly save a plethora of documents generated in Word in order to do any restart as is indicated for those users who reach this error when trying initial installation?  HELP.  Several years of work are involved here.  Add:  Did try to open Excel - same result.  Again, multiple files will be lost if I try uninstalling the programs.

Sorry this didn't help.

Help - several years of work in Excel and Word files; Office 2013, which I have leased.  Please advise how to save files if indeed Office 2013 needs to be deleted and reinstalled!  NOT an acceptable fix!

Sorry this didn't help.

Same here - I've been using Office 2013 for couple of years and suddenly got this error. And I don't want to lose all the work by uninstalling & reinstalling... Looking for any alternative solution/s???

Sorry this didn't help.

I suddenly got this error message as well, after several months use of Office.

I have to agree with a lot of the people here that uninstalling everything is NOT an acceptable solution. I can`t get in to backup my mail with this error message and deleting EVERYTHING just to fix this is not a serious answer.

Sorry this didn't help.