Use of own domain name with Office 365 Home/Premium

I cannot seem to find out whether I can add my own private domain, i.e. not a business user, but I own a personalised domain, with Office 365 Home Premium.

In other words, I would like to use *** Email address is removed for privacy *** instead of *** Email address is removed for privacy ***.

I know you can do this with Office 365 for Business, but need to know whether this can be done with Home Premium.

Thanks

Chris

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hello Chris,

To help you better, I would require detailed information about the issue.

1. Where would you like to use the domain address instead of Outlook.com?

2. Where to do want to add the domain account in Office 365 Home Premium subscription?

Reply with detailed information about the issue which will help us to analyze and assist you better.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Nayana,

Thank you for getting back.

Yes, I would like to send/receive emails with my personalised domain instead of @outlook.com.  At the moment, my personal domain's email is hosted on Google and in from my Outlook.com mailbox, I am fetching those emails from Google since I prefer to use Outllook.com and I have a paid Office 365 Home Premium subscription.  The current setup works, but rather complicated and I need to keep using my Gmail account.

So what needs to be done is similar to Office 365 Business (which I use at work) where you could add a domain to Office 365 Home Premium.  Then change my DNS MX records to point to Microsoft instead of Google servers.

Thanks

Chris

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you for the update.

If you would like to use your domain email address (Gmail account) to send/receive emails in Outlook then you may configure it in Outlook either as POP3 or IMAP account in Outlook 2013.

You may follow the article provided below which provides detailed information on how to setup Internet email account in Outlook 2013:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2758902

Let us know the results to assist you further.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Nayana,

I am already downloading or forwarding my other emails to Outlook or Outlook.com.

My original question was whether I can add a personalised domain to Office 365 Home Premium, i.e. I want to use *** Email address is removed for privacy *** instead of *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Thanks

Chris

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Nayana,

I am already downloading or forwarding my other emails to Outlook or Outlook.com.

My original question was whether I can add a personalised domain to Office 365 Home Premium, i.e. I want to use *** Email address is removed for privacy *** instead of *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Thanks

Chris

Hi Nayana,

I am still without a solution so I would appreciate any help on this matter, or simply whether Microsoft Office 365 Home Premium supports this configuration.  BTW Google does!

Thanks

Chris

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Chris,

any news ? I'm also the owner of a personal domain for family usage.

I wanted to add my family (with our own family personal domain) into Office365Home... but if we cannot incorporate this, there is no use.

You can already do this with the O365 Small Business subscription, so I recon this shouldn't be a big deal with O365Home.

Hello Microsoft support, please help if you would like to gain another customer.

regards,

Tom.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Tom,

No unfortunately M$ went silent on this one, so I guess the answer is that it is not possible ... but I am sure they can do it IF they want!

Chris

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

The answer as I understand it is this:   A personal domain name is not a supported option for O365 Home Premium.   If you want to leverage your own domain, you will need to sign up for O365 Small Business. 

This is my understanding.   By comparison to Google Apps, I believe they support it but I think you need to be paying $50 per user, so depending on your user counts...O365 Small business is the same cost per user. 

Personally, I'm grandfathered in on Google Apps with the free setup for 10 users or less.   I would not be able to sign up for it today but I'm supported for now with my 6 users on my personal domain for free.  

I'd like to switch to O365 as I don't get much use out of the Google Apps and would prefer MS Office and OneNote integration, but can't justify paying 6x$50.

Good luck.  I would like to be corrected if O365 Home is different than I understand.   Clark

20 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

don't understand why I would have to look at O365 SMB, while O365 Home is targeted for family use. I suppose that there are more families using their own emaildomain (familyname.be or something)... So please microsoft, make an official statement on this.... need to know ! This would help me off my imap/pop email ****.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes, I concur with your understanding and I am in the same position as you with regards to Google Apps.  I have it free because I had subscribed a long time ago.

I still do not see why MS do not want to open this up for O365 Home.  After all, we are paying an annual fee for 5 users.

As Tom said, it is very common nowadays for families to own a domain name ... which they cannot use with O365.

Personally, I do not think MS have anything to lose if they give us this functionality.  I just hope that they look at these threads sometimes to get our feedback :-)

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated January 25, 2024 Views 92,430 Applies to: