Transfer Office 365 to other account

I redeemed my office 365 license (got an email through my normal Outlook account, Windows 8 mail app). While i was doing that (apparently) i was logged in (on my browser) with the wrong Microsoft account (did not get a notification though). So now the account is activated on the wrong Microsoft account.  I need to transfer the license to my other account (the one i received the email on and the one i use regularly).

Can i just remove the subscription from the 1st account and redeem again? I tried only to redeem again and that was not possible.

How can i make the transfer happen?

Max,

Did you redeem from Office 2010 to Office 365 subscription?
In that case the email which was used to redeem can be used up for 5 license. If you need more license you may have to use additional Microsoft Account.

For more information check the link below:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/offer/pre-launch-offer-details-and-terms-FX102902434.aspx

Webster
Webster

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Webster,

I redeemed it from Office 2011 for mac. But (unfortunatly) i was logged in with the wrong account (in my browser) when i redeemed the code (i received the email with the redeem option in my mail app in Windows 8, my usual email address). So i want to transfer the whole subscripton to my other account. Ido not need any additional licenses.

Max

12 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Any update on this? I have the same issue. 365 activated on incorrect MS account.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Timothy,

You may try the following steps and check if it helps:

• Login to https://login.live.com/
  • If you get auto signed-in, sign out Manually.
  • Sign-in using the incorrect email account. (Since the account is unverified, you will not be redirected to the mail box, instead you will be taken to Accounts Summary page).
  • Click on Rename Account and choose the option Use a Different Address and then change to correct email account. (If the correct email ID does not exist in Microsoft Account) then the change of address will be successful.

Hope this helps. Reply if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Timothy,

You may try the following steps and check if it helps:

• Login to https://login.live.com/
  • If you get auto signed-in, sign out Manually.
  • Sign-in using the incorrect email account. (Since the account is unverified, you will not be redirected to the mail box, instead you will be taken to Accounts Summary page).
  • Click on Rename Account and choose the option Use a Different Address and then change to correct email account. (If the correct email ID does not exist in Microsoft Account) then the change of address will be successful.

Hope this helps. Reply if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Ah too bad. Until the last step everything went well, but i could not change the ID to my current Outlook account, that is not supported.

Exact message: "You can't use @outlook.com in your Microsoft account email address. Please try a different email address

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Unbelievable that no-one can answer this simple question. I guess we have to assume that microsoft's goal is to prevent the ability to transfer licences, thereby forcing people to buy new ones...

175 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Unbelievable that no-one can answer this simple question. I guess we have  to assume that microsoft's goal is to prevent the ability to transfer licences, thereby forcing people to buy new ones...

Now, you can add alias to your account; another Microsoft Account can be attached as an alias as well, FYI.

Good luck :-)

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

The inability to transfer products from on Microsoft account to another or to delete apps from your account record is very frustrating. I have several examples.

My Husband bought a new Surface Book with an add-on package that included Office 365 Home. He associated it to his account but didn't get it downloaded. The very next morning, I told him I already had a subscription for the same product and was only using 1 of my 5 computers. I called and tried to get it moved, canceled from his email and on to mine so as to simply add 1 year to our subscription. Couldn't be done. Really?

Secondly, he left his phone unlocked on his desk at work and one of the guys thought it would be funny to download an inappropriate app. Great, now he can't get that app out of his account.  His account is also on several devices my kids use, and they sometimes use his account to purchase and download apps. Now that will always be in there just waiting for one of them to find it.

My husband is a HUGE Microsoft fan, we only have Microsoft devices, desktops, laptops, tablets, and phones. A total 17 devices. But really Microsoft, with all the technology you possess, you should be able to give us a little more control of our accounts and the content within them

17 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Dear,

I bought a laptop that came with Windows 8.1 and Office 365. So, my wife, that wasn't admin of the laptop, was the first to use the Word. Trying activate the MS Office, she blocked the license.
Thus, I had to give admin privileges for her to install this product, but her account stayed with all benefits of Microsoft products.
I'm frustrated because is not possible transfer the license to another account, my account, in this case.

Best Regards,

Bruno Edson.

10 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Had this same issue. You have to call the Microsoft billing team to get the licenses transferred.

34 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated February 26, 2021 Views 58,701 Applies to: