Paid for MS Office 2016 with my new Dell Laptop, but didn't get it. Dell can't figure out how to help?

I bought a new Dell Inspiron for my consulting business.  Bought MS Office 2016 Home and Business as part of the order along with Acrobat standard, LoJack, etc.  Everything but MS Office is here, or had links to download the software after the machine arrived.  There is no MS Office product key in my documentation, even though the other documentation says that's where it is.

I emailed Dell Support on 11/17 and never got a reply, other than the automatic reply that promised a 1 business day answer.

I spent 3 hours on the Live Chat and on the phone on 11/25 to no avail.

I tried to call again tonight, and after 20 minutes on hold with too loud music and ads, the call volume dropped to a less than a whisper when it connected to an agent, and we couldn't understand each other.  I think he promised to look into it and call back.  Guess what?  Yup - no call.

I have an app icon for MS Office, but when selected it wants an activation key, or it wants me to buy it (again), or switch to a free trial of 365.  Is there a trick to activating Dell's version of pre-loaded MS Office 2016?  I'm running Windows 10 professional.  I leave for the airport tomorrow for a consulting gig and I need Office.

Thanks

greg

Answer
Answer

You have to speak to Dell, they supplied Office and would be responsible for the means of Installing/activating, usually by providing a KEY.

Call them back, and when you do so have your purchase receipt showing that Office purchase to hand.

IMO Its very unwise to purchase any software from the PC supplier/maker as you finish up with an OEM version which has restricted license terms

Contributor since 2006
Currently win11 Pro & O365 Bus, multiple devices

38 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 4, 2024 Views 8,676 Applies to: