Does Microsoft Office 2007 work with Outlook?

I have Microsoft Office Home 2007.  Is it compatible with Windows 10?  Does it work with Outlook?

Does Microsoft still send updates for it?  Could it be the reason my Mail App does not work?  These questions and answers are important.   I found in my Programs that on June 15, 2016 I received an Office File Validation.

I am considering Office 365 Home.  Do I need to uninstall Office 2007 before downloading Office 365 from Microsoft Store? 

Please advise on my best course of action to get the most out of Windows 10.  I have a Dell  Lap Top.

Question Info

Last updated March 20, 2018 Views 159 Applies to:

Office 2007 works on Windows 10 and it is still currently being updated.

Microsoft has recently changed the way that the Outlook.com mailing server works. See https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Add-your-Outlook-com-account-to-Outlook-2007-5e906a34-9d3a-4e5e-bba9-c9dbcf0bdb1d?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US&fromAR=1

You don't have to uninstall Office 2007 to install 365, but you cannot run two versions of Outlook at the same time.

Graham Mayor (Microsoft Word MVP)
For more Word tips and downloads visit my web site
https://www.gmayor.com/Word_pages.htm

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Yes, It's work with Outlook and Compatible with Windows 10.
Wordpress Expert

Sorry this didn't help.

So does that mean I will also need to uninstall my current version of Outlook to get Office 365?  I do have the number to call the Store to ask questions before I purchase the Office 365.  Planning to do that Friday.
Ruth Sandon

Sorry this didn't help.

It should not be necessary to uninstall 2007 in order to install 365 (it would however be advisable to uninstall 365 to install 2007).  The two versions of Outlook can be present, but cannot be opened at the same time.

This will not fix any problem with your e-mail, which relates to the changes at Outlook.com. See the link in my earlier reply.

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes I read the article from the link you provided earlier.  I am confused by it.  People are telling me Office 365 gives you full access to your Outlook Mail, but if you already have Outlook Mail with 2007 and you can't have 2 Outlook accounts, how will getting Office 365 help a person who does not have full access to their mail?   What is the sense in getting Office 365?  Why even have 2 Outlook accounts, when only one works, and the one that works, but not fully is with 2007?  I tried to find the Version of Office 2007 on my computer, evidently that is another thing that does not work.  I have the original CD for that Office 2007 somewhere and am looking for it.  I recently moved and have not completely unpacked as yet. 

There is a "Digital certificate for VBA project" listed under my MS Office, which was not there with Windows 7.  Upon opening, it says "Create Digital Certificate" and asks for certificates name, which I have no idea what that means.  What name?

So, no my issue is not solved.  Mail App is still "Unpinned from Start" because it won't Sync and I get no notifications from Outlook for my mail.

I also now get Security Center Alerts:  The Update from trusted Microsoft certificates does not complete.  After a restart the Update needs to be completed again, and again, and again.  So I have just ignored that now.  That just started this last week.

The alert says " Incorrect registry setting  KB URL.

Ruth Sandon

Sorry this didn't help.

There is some confusion here;

Win 10 contains the Mail app (Shown by an envelope icon), which is totally separate to MS Outlook

If The Mail app is not syncing simply remove the mail account.

Office 365 is simply the subscription version of the latest Office version, currently 2016)

Office 2016/365 includes MS Outlook, to which you add a mail account.

If you use Hotmail/Outlook.com/Live/MSN they are all one and the same, in the MS Outlook setup you add your mail account using the auto setup page of MS Outlook

Sorry this didn't help.

There is no option to remove the Mail App.  You also cannot delete it.  It is one of the Apps you cannot remove.  Some say that, this is one of them, so I just Unpinned it from Start, and ignore it.  I went to all Apps list and it gives you the option on a lot of them to repair or remove.  Not the Mail App.  You cannot do anything with it, but Unpin it from start which just moves the App to the left hand side list and stops it from starting up at startup.   The reason I liked Mail App is because you get notifications from it.  You don't get that from Outlook Mail.  When I first got Windows 10, it worked fine, then just quit and said it wasn't Synced.  And it would not sync after that.  In the beginning I had synced all the folders.      
Ruth Sandon

Sorry this didn't help.

He didn't say 'remove the app' he said remove the 'account'.

The account is not working because of the recent changes to the Outlook.com server, as I have already said twice previously. You need to reconfigure the account to accommodate the changes. You can do that in the Mail App or in Outlook 2007 or both, depending on how you want to receive your e-mail.

Sorry this didn't help.