2x mail icons in control panel

i now have 2 mail icons in control panel. how can i get rid of "Mail (Microsoft Outlook 2016)" icon

Question Info

Last updated October 30, 2019 Views 4,512 Applies to:

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question on Microsoft Community.

The issue generally occurs due to multiple / previous versions of Office / Outlook is installed on your computer.

Let’s run 'Fix it' from the following article to remove traces of Office, reinstall Office 2016 and verify the result.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2739501

Note: Ensure to save the Fix it file on the desktop and then run the file.

Hope it helps. Try the suggestions and let us know the result at your earliest convenience.

Thank you.

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for this

I have tried this already, as I initially problems installing office at all despite having uninstalled it. However after I ran fix it, it allowed me to install, but I only noticed this morning that it had deleted all the profiles for my email accounts, and when I checked in Control Panel I noticed two separate male icons appeared.

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

I had to downgrade from Office 365 with 2016 apps first release to Office 365 2013 because Office 2016 was still buggy and was only meant for testing.
Anyway, I also experienced this problem to the extent that after a reboot my Outlook 2013 control panel icon went missing and the Outlook 2016 icon was presenting a file missing error when I clicked the mail icon.

Solution for Windows x64:

> Navigate to the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Wow6432Node\CLSID\

> Run find, the search for the name of the control panel icon you want to remove/fix, in my

case I searched for "Mail (Microsoft Outlook 2016)"

> It will find the string inside the CLSID subkey. Delete the relevant subkey, for example see attached screenshot, in my case I had to delete {A0D4CD32-5D5D-4f72-BAAA-767A7AD6BAC5}.

> After opening the control panel, the correct Mail icon appeared and the registry key regenerated itself with correct values.

BAAA-767A7AD6BAC5}

22 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks, helped me, solved the same problem :)

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

I had to downgrade from Office 365 with 2016 apps first release to Office 365 2013 because Office 2016 was still buggy and was only meant for testing.
Anyway, I also experienced this problem to the extent that after a reboot my Outlook 2013 control panel icon went missing and the Outlook 2016 icon was presenting a file missing error when I clicked the mail icon.

Solution for Windows x64:

> Navigate to the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Wow6432Node\CLSID\

> Run find, the search for the name of the control panel icon you want to remove/fix, in my

case I searched for "Mail (Microsoft Outlook 2016)"

> It will find the string inside the CLSID subkey. Delete the relevant subkey, for example see attached screenshot, in my case I had to delete {A0D4CD32-5D5D-4f72-BAAA-767A7AD6BAC5}.

> After opening the control panel, the correct Mail icon appeared and the registry key regenerated itself with correct values.

BAAA-767A7AD6BAC5}

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

This worked very well for me - Thank you! I had to reinstall office, but well worth the effort to get the result. Thanks 

Sorry this didn't help.