Office 365 ProPlus to Business Premium - ProPlus remains as Subscription has Expired

Hello,

I had an O365 ProPlus license with the desktop apps installed on my laptop.

I then unassigned this license from myself (in the admin portal) and assigned a Business Premium license.  At the end of the below steps, I now have the Business Premium license correctly recognised and Office is working fine.  But (seems just cosmetic) I also have the ProPlus license showing as "Your subscription has expired" - in the Account / Product Information screen of say Excel.

What I did:

• Via Excel, it detected a license change and offered to 'Update' which I did.  
  • Was notified there are office updates, which I clicked through to install them.
  • Checked and installed windows updates (a couple of small ones)
  • I wanted to switch from semi-annual to monthly channel - was still on semi-annual from the default ProPlus install - so ran the easy-fix program suggested here
  • The easy-fix then downloaded and updated office (~ 30 mins and several hundred MB) then disappeared - no message or confirmation
  • Office (Account screen) now says there are pending changes and an Apply Now button - as suggested by this article, clicking this does nothing
  • Meanwhile the Business Premium license is showing (so has been recognised) and Office apps are working fine
  • Also tried this troubleshooter but didn't work - fair enough, is for activation issues which isn't what I'm seeing
  • Deactivated the office license / install from my personal Office portal, signed-in from an Office app to activate the license which worked fine for Business Premium
  • Ran the install desktop app program from my personal Office portal, ran for several minutes although nothing downloaded then reported success, but no change

So now I still see the subscription warning for ProPlus.  I don't want to uninstall and reinstall Office as I need this done efficiently on 100 other PCs.  How can I make the ProPlus message go away?

Thanks in advance

Matt

Answer
Answer

Hi Matt,

Thanks for getting back to us and glad to know you have switched channel successfully.

Now let's focus on the expired Office 365 ProPlus issue here.  You may first click Change License in your first screenshot to change it to check if there is any improvement.

If no, we may need to use command prompt to run some script. Please follow the steps below to check the results:

1. Sign out of all the Office applications and close all of them.

2. Press Windows key + R  -> type cmd to open the command prompt window under your admin account

3. Input the following command:

1. cd C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office16. If you can't find the path, type cd C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office16  and press Enter.

2. cscript ospp.vbs /dstatus and press Enter (copy the last five digits of the product key for Office 16O365ProPlus).

3. cscript ospp.vbs /unpkey:xxxxx (paste the last five digits of the product key) and press Enter.

4. Restart computer.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thanks,

Tina

19 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated June 4, 2020 Views 10,452 Applies to: