Office 365 32-bit vs 64-bit

Installed Office 365 64-bit on my new desktop.  Have found that an Access program I need will only work on 32-bit version.

Can I install the 32-bit version of Office 365 over the 64-bit, and how do I do it?

Answer
Answer

Hi Bill,

Thanks for posting in our forum.

For the concern with 32-bit and 64-bit version of Office applications, we are sorry to convey that they are not able to install both on the same PC. For the official reference: Install and use different versions of Office on the same PC - Microsoft Office and “Office (64-bit or 32-bit) couldn’t be installed” error when trying to install - Office Support (microsoft.com).

In case you want to install 32-bit version of Office to cope with the Access file, here are the steps and hope this could help.

1.Uninstall 64-bit version first.

Follow the steps in here: Uninstall Office from a PC - Office Support (microsoft.com) and Option 2 with the uninstall support tool is recommended for an automatic and safer way.

2.Install 32-bit version.

Sign in www.office.com > click the downward arrow besides Install Office button > click Other install options > switch to the Apps & devices tab in the new webpage > change the version to 32-bit and click Install Office. (In case you need the complete steps: Download and install or reinstall Microsoft 365 or Office 2019 on a PC or Mac - Office Support.)

Hope above suggestions could offer the help you need on the scenario, do feel free to post back if you have any further concerns, I will try my best to provide any support for you.

Best Regards,

Mia

• Beware of Scammers posting fake Support Numbers here.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 5, 2021 Views 259 Applies to: