How do you change the account that Office says it belongs to?

I found this question at least a few times in the community, but none of the answers were clear to me, so I will try again...

How do I change the account that Office shows it belongs to (pictured left)? When I change the current account (pictured right) it does not change the Office owner (pictured left). Pressing Manage Account takes me to the "mine2" account. I have also tried re-downloading office 365 from the account belonging to "mine2" but the Office owner remains showing "mine1."

Or is it necessary to change the office owner? The "mine1" account will be allowed to lapse and we will be exclusively using "mine2." What are the potential effects of not changing it? Or is it possible this is just a cosmetic bug and underneath the owner has changed? Restarting Office or Windows doesn't change it.

Answer
Answer

Hi TWWVA,

The account displays beside Belongs to is the account which you use to activate the Office 2016. If you would like to change the account, you need to deactivate Office 2016 first, then activate it again with another account. For your reference: Deactivate an Office 365 install

The account in the top right corner is the account you use to sign in Office 2016 to access corresponding services. You can sign out then sign in with another account to access services in the new account. For your reference: Sign in to Office or Office 365

Regards,

Yoga

-------------------------------------------------
If you feel a reply works for you, please kindly vote or mark it as it will be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

41 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 11, 2024 Views 115,373 Applies to: