Office 365 Keeps Asking to Activate Account

Hi,

I have Microsoft Office 360 installed on my PC and it all works fine expect I am constantly asked to activate the product after starting my PC.

The first time I open an office application after starting/restarting my PC, I am asked to activate my account.

If I am lucky it may work once or twice after starting/restarting without requesting activation but this is rare.

My user name and password are successfully recognised and I get the account update notification each time.

Also if I do not have an internet connection none of the Office applications will work, as they require on-line verification of the account.

This happened constantly on Windows 7 Ultimate and continues to happen now I have upgraded to Windows 10 Pro.

Any help would be greatly appreciated please.

Thank you,

CC

Answer
Answer

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query.

Let me assist you with Office activation.

What is the default browser in use?

You may try the following methods and check if the issue gets resolved.

Method: 1

Make sure you sign out of all the Microsoft Services on your default browser including Mail, Calendar, MSN or other Microsoft sites etc. (to which you have logged in).

You may delete all the browsing history, cache and the temp files from the browser.

You may open Word or Excel application, click on File, Account, User Information, Sign out from all the user account and then sign in using the registered email account and check if you are able to activate Office 365 subscription.

Method: 2

You may try to open Office application in administrator mode and then try to activate it and check if it helps.

Browse to the following location.

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office 15\ClentX86\Root\Office15. (Windows 32 bit)

C:\Program Files(x86)\Microsoft Office 15\ ClientX64\Root\Office15. (Windows 64 bit)

Right click on Excel.exe and click on ‘Run as administrator’ and then try to activate Office suite and verify the status.

I hope the above information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 25, 2021 Views 9,569 Applies to: